• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: EigoManga hosts Campus Invasion at SFSU

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xxmiyuxx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:13 am Reply with quote
I don't even have the patience to read the last post you made, eigoMANGA_man, it's just too damn long, and I already know what my responce is.... SHUT THE HELL UP! You are going head over heals because a San Francisco based and popluar american "manga" hasn't been recognised on ANN. GET OVER IT! All things due in time. And certainly by your actions, I would hope ANN would take even more time in deciding to send attention your way. You may not be speaking for the big wigs at your company, but you are in some small way representing their work, and quite badly I would say.

You should learn some respect.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:16 am Reply with quote
eigoMANGA_Man wrote:
ok, I'll let them.

Thanks,

I hope their is no harm done. Laughing

Nope, no harm done. Live and learn, right?
eigoMANGA_Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:19 am Reply with quote
it's free speech. You're the one who's rude. Besides this stuff is fun. It's a great conversation about the emergence of north american anime companies trying to earn respect.

kinda like the early days of rap and eminem

oops, I didn't mean you, SakechanBD. You're nice Laughing
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:45 am Reply with quote
xxmiyuxx wrote:
I don't even have the patience to read the last post you made, eigoMANGA_man, it's just too damn long, and I already know what my responce is.... SHUT THE HELL UP!... You should learn some respect.

I think that your response could've been handled in a better manner.

I just wanted to point out that the original poster of this thread is from Japan and I think it was an honest question if they aren't completely familiar with an american company.
stagedive_25

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Look what I started! Confused
xxmiyuxx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:42 pm Reply with quote
lianncoop wrote:
xxmiyuxx wrote:
I don't even have the patience to read the last post you made, eigoMANGA_man, it's just too damn long, and I already know what my responce is.... SHUT THE HELL UP!... You should learn some respect.

I think that your response could've been handled in a better manner.

I just wanted to point out that the original poster of this thread is from Japan and I think it was an honest question if they aren't completely familiar with an american company.

Occasionally I do go off the handle....i respecfully digress...

However my point was you cannot demand attention....maybe I should have just said it like that..hmmm......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Here's a quick, 1-sentence summary of the official Policy:

Anime News Network covers Anime and Manga, which are defined as animation from Japan, and comics from Japan.

We also, occasionally cover some related items. Eigomanga, Rising Stars of Manga, Dreamweave, Megatokyo, and Antarctic Press are all topics that we consider related. We mention that from time to time, but we will never cover every single news item related to those franchises.

We have nothing against them, we don't think they are inferior, they simply are not a part of our focus.

The Dreamweave stuff (a whopping 2 articles) was posted, as someone already pointed out, because it deals with existing anime franchises. Similar items will almost always be posted.

There's currently an Interview with Ben Dunn in editing that will be posted shortly. As you said, Ben Dunn is the godfather of American Manga, and we only just now decided to feature him. We've never even interviewed Fred Gallagher, debatably the most successful American Manga artist ever (although we have reviewed MT vol 1). And if anyone was to get special treatment here, it would be him, or one of our several American-manga sponsors (we're currently running ads from 3 American manga studios).

However none of these people will receive special treatment.

Because of Eigo-manga's growing success (I'm very happy for you guys) I recently decided that I would post most of your press releases. But chances are that most of them won't make it into the news itself.

One thing that we will be doing shortly will be an Amateur / Semi-pro / Small Press North American manga review feature. This will be posted every couple of months (as opposed to being a regular column). If Eigo-manga is interested in having their title reviewed, let us know.
m_sterling

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Okay everyone...

This is Carina, Marketing Overseer for EigoMANGA. I was the geeky chick with the glasses and big hair speaking at the Apple Store last Thursday. Thanks for everyone who showed up.

In a nutshell, I have 2 things to say.

to EigoMANGA_MAN:
Your enthusiasm is appreciated, but as of 2 months ago we now have a new PR person helping to write the afore-mentioned press releases with Austin. Please let her do her official job since she's working very hard to do so, and doing a good job. No hard feelings. Please talk to me if you'd like to help with anything coming up.

And to everyone else:

We apologize if your feathers have been ruffled in any way. Thank you to those who read our titles. We really appreciate it. We have MANY exciting things coming up this year (ASIDE from everything that was mentioned,) but as for now we're keeping it a super-duper secret. And we DEEPLY APPRECIATE when ANN provides coverage for us WHEN THEY FEEL IT IS APPROPRIATE.

And I agree, the growing talent pool of American artists IS very exciting.

Toodles for now.
Very Happy
stagedive_25

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:03 am Reply with quote
guess, i feel bad for eigomanga_man. everybody in ANN including people from his own company are chewing him out. Hey carina, i do have a question for you guys. What's happening to the Kayo anime clothing line thing? There's no mention about it on your site.

Also you guys should have your own community forum also on your website.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2