• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Colorado Con to Host Noriko Hidaka, Yuji Mitsuya

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DemonEyesLeo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Yup, heard about this a week ago and I nearly flipped, actually I really did. Ranma was one of my first anime, so I'm excited to meet them.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:38 pm Reply with quote
And I thought their US guest lineup was impressive enough; I never expected a con that size to get Japanese guests as well. Unfortunately it seems like the only autograph material I can bring for Hidaka is A Wind Named Amnesia, where she played a minor part.
W-General

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow man. I LOVE Gunbuster. I still maintain that it is the BEST Gainax work.

SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

INAZUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KICCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Damn that'd be so epic...too bad I don't live anywhere close to go, and I have school. Someone better ask her lots of awesome Gunbuster things and get her to shout lots of Gunbuster lines.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:37 pm Reply with quote
I was really happy to hear this. I think it'll be really neat to see Noriko Hidaka!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:29 am Reply with quote
Is it just me, or does NDK always wait until the VERY...LAST...MINUTE to announce Japanese guests? Laughing

That being said, I'm really glad NDK got these guests. I'm a little more excited for some of the US actors (Chris Patton is my favorite dub actor), but it's still really awesome that we have an opportunity to meet people that are actually from Japan, too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:59 am Reply with quote
W-General wrote:
Wow man. I LOVE Gunbuster. I still maintain that it is the BEST Gainax work.

SUPERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

INAZUMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

KICCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK

Damn that'd be so epic...too bad I don't live anywhere close to go, and I have school. Someone better ask her lots of awesome Gunbuster things and get her to shout lots of Gunbuster lines.

Would she even remember many old things? Gunbuster was already a generation (2 decades) to her. She has had many other preoccupations since then and now. Confused
noriko-takaya

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quote
You might want to add a correction. Noriko Hidaka performed only one song in the series, Top O Nerae! ~Fly High~ and that was with Rei Sakuma. The opening and closing theme songs were performed by Noriko Sakai. Sorry for the nitpick, but I'm something of a purist when it comes to Gunbuster.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1