• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Shifts Bleach, Geass, Moribito Timeslots

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiriska

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
What the fudge, Adult Swim?! Why are you doing this, AGAIN? The last season of Yu Yu Hakusho was moved into a 5am death slot. The second half of Gundam SEED was moved into a 5am death slot. If you hate anime so much, why air it at all??

Ugh. I love FMA, but what's the point of having RERUNS air ahead of PREMIERES?

At least they're still streaming Code Geass on their website, but Moribito doesn't seem to be that lucky. :/
KrisEllieOphi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:57 am Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:

it was only two episodes, wasn't it? And that show showed some serious potential in just those two episodes for being something beyond great. I really don't see how it could be a failure with only two episodes aired...

It's no surprise as it was at the end of the line up anyway. I swear they switch up their Saturday night schedules at least once every single month. It's really frustrating. I don't know how they expect to get decent ratings that way; especially since it's rarely ever advertised/announced when they change Saturday night. But at least they had the decency to put the anime on before their crap cartoons this time.
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quote
Apparently Adult Swim and Williams Street wants to focus more on its own home grown properties than anything that is acquired from Japan. They should just nip this in the bud already and just drop anime from its block altogether instead of insulting the fans by putting their favorite shows into early 90's Japanimation slots.
halo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
bayoab wrote:
halo wrote:
Um... I don't see this listed anywhere on their schedule. It's still showing the old schedule. Can anyone confirm this story?

It was apparently on the flash schedule (not the image) before they completely pulled it from the web.

Ok, then I'm not wrong for thinking this is FUD.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:03 pm Reply with quote
I daresay, I might be only person on ANN actually awake at those hours, thanks to my easy as hell nightshift job. But as I've seen both shows already, I still won't be watching.

Wow, effectively removing anime from Cartoon Network entirely, good job. And even Sci-Fi isn't that much better, since they cut the shows up, speed stuff up, and have relentless commercials.
NeXT_Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Is it possible Adult Swim is playing some kind of sick joke? Since people can't login to their forums an post about the schedule change.
halo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:08 pm Reply with quote
It's also possible that it's an error, especially since there is nothing there now.

Edit: It's back on the front page flash listings.

Last edited by halo on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
prime_pm

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone seen the forums on AS? It is absolutely horrible over there. Everyone yelling about what's running and what's not. I don't know which way to figure out over there.
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
NeXT_Alchemist wrote:
Is it possible Adult Swim is playing some kind of sick joke? Since people can't login to their forums an post about the schedule change.

Oh good, it's not just me. Yeah, I can't wait to rage over there.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quote
NeXT_Alchemist wrote:

In any case, this further proves that [AS] has no idea how to handle anime. For their crimes, I sincerely hope that Mike Lazzo gets hit by an 18-wheeler. Ditto Tim and Eric, for they are the cancer that is killing [AS].

I've been watching Code Geass, Moribito, and Bleach religiously since they first premiered, and for [AS] to go and eat up Saturday nights with more comedy is nothing but a giant "fudge you!" from them to us. Not only should they be given the most severe punishment known to man, but [AS] must also pay millions of dollars in reparations to the individuals they wronged. To make these illegal schedule changes shows that [AS] WANTS CG and Moribito to fail. They're sabotaging those shows just like they did with Eureka Seven, thus proving that they're a bunch of shitbags who can't handle anime properly. Good shows deserve better, and this needs to be written into law, with all violations carrying the death penalty.

Last edited by AirCooledMan_2006 on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Cartoon Network has officially lost me as a viewer. It's bad enough they stopped running the classics, started pumping their awful brand of new cartoons, show live-action films, never keep any regular programming schedules, and have animosity towards everyone who might suggest they're doing things wrong, but this butchering of Adult Swim is just brutal. Remember when Mike Lazzo put the stop to any further seasons of Big O? Remember the stupid April Fool's Day pranks that often ruined first-run episodes? They have no respect for anime fans. I suppose they'll be happier with the eighteen year old illterate stoner crowd who watches their Tim and Eric reruns and laugh at those no-talents, but I won't there be for them to rub it in.

Last edited by penguintruth on Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:23 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lostinagoodbook

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Good lord. I'm getting sick to death with all their ridiculous schedule changes. Couldn't this be the reason why they have trouble with ratings for Anime? They've stopped and re-started FMA at least twice in the last year or so. Same with Bebop, GiTS and Big O if I'm not mistaken. Moribito doesn't deserve the crap job they are doing with their slot scheduling.
darcerin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I'm SO glad I'm not the only one who hates most of these home-grown shows. Some of these are just so stupid - do they even test these on an audience before putting them on the air, or just put them on the air and hope for the best?

Seriously, way to go AS. Rolling Eyes As much as I love FMA, it's time to let it fade to the background. You'll never get the ratings you got with them on their first airings, so just let it drop.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quote
lostinagoodbook wrote:
Good lord. I'm getting sick to death with all their ridiculous schedule changes. Couldn't this be the reason why they have trouble with ratings for Anime? They've stopped and re-started FMA at least twice in the last year or so. Same with Bebop, GiTS and Big O if I'm not mistaken. Moribito doesn't deserve the crap job they are doing with their slot scheduling.

Amen to that, my friend.

I'll never, EVER watch Fullmetal Alchemist on [AS] ever again because I already own the DVDs. Ditto GITS and Cowboy Bebop. I only watch the anime they air that I don't already own in its entirety, and for stuff they've lost the rights to that I don't already own, I buy those shows, too. If they're out of print, that's what used DVDs (Which is a gamble) and "summoning" are for.

No wonder Sci-Fi's kicking their asses now. THEY actually handle their anime WELL. [AS] on the other hand...if this bullshit keeps up, they WILL lose me as a viewer for good, and they will get some very nasty letters for their crimes.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KrisEllieOphi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quote
Earlier this year they actually went back to their all anime Saturday night block. I was pretty stoked. But it only lasted a month or two; not even long enough for the shows they were showing to have a full complete run. Then they shoved their comedy shows back in there.

They tried to give us our anime back, and maybe it just got really horrible ratings. So they went back to what was giving them ratings instead. It's true they have a rather off handed way of dealing with anime (when they advertised Moribito, their bump actually went something like "Hey here's a new anime, that no one will bother watching"), but I don't think they hate anime. They'd be stupid to, since it's largely part of what made AS so popular to begin with.

But now their comedy shows are popular. I don't know why, since 80% of that stuff is trash, but it gets them ratings so that's what they'll show.

Although I seriously wonder if they'd stop freaking changing the Saturday night line up every single month if the ratings would grow. Every time you move a show around (Bleach gets moved around like crazy), you lose parts of your audience because odds are they don't know the schedule has been changed (since, as I mentioned before, they rarely announce Saturday night changes on air, where as they show their weeknight schedules about once during every show). It's just hard to keep track.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 19