• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Do the Bathroom Dance

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I avoid touching doorknobs at public bathrooms, but for the rest I usually don't give doorknobs a second thought.

And yeah, carrying a hankerchief around for all doorknob is excessive compulsive.

It's also pointless unless you throw the hankerchief out after every use..
Shiki MSHTS

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:
It's also pointless unless you throw the hankerchief out after every use..

That's what klenexes are for. Very Happy

Just kidding.

But bathrooms are one of the places you should be most on alert. If those germs transfer to your food, you can easily get major stomach cramps, or worse.

On a side note, I usually kick the doors open, and kick the toilet seat up/down respectively, and kick the toilet flush. That handles a lot at least. =P.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
OrsonHyuri

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:36 am Reply with quote
Is there a phobia for peeing in public bathrooms? I find if I drink too much and half to go I have trouble going even though my blatter is full. I think it's just a psychological thing for me, because I should be able to go..

I just think too much about the process or the loud surroundings (school, bar, restaurant). It's always easy to do go to the bathroom at someones house though, at least for me because it's quiet and i'm not rushed by a line of people behind my stall door.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 1:49 am Reply with quote
Allright! Bathroom confessional thread...

The dorm I used to live in had the most un-hygenic people.

One morning when I went to take a shower, I opened the curtain only to be greated with the sight of a used tampon lying on the shower floor.

And with that, I think I win the Bathroom Confessional Gross-out Award.
ANN_Bamboo
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Mr Mania wrote:
Heck if I thought to much about it I know I wouldn't have the stomach to ever eat at a fast food joint.

Actually, believe it or not, fast food joints are insanely clean. Sure, the lobbies may look like crap, but the back kitchens and everything that comes in contact with food is very, very impeccably clean. I used to work at a fast food joint, and the level of cleaning that is required by managers paranoid over health inspections is astonishing.

As for the phobia thing, I really hate it when there's a long line of people waiting to use the toilet. Even if I have to go really badly, I can't because I *loathe* it when people are waiting on me and are rushing me along. It drives me nuts.

I have no problem touching doorknobs. It's only sketchier touching bathroom doorknobs, because you'll see someone walk in, take a dump, and then stick their hands all over that doorknob. It's not so much being paranoid over germs, as it is just plain nasty.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3