• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Premieres on The CW in U.S. on Saturday

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quote
I never expect much from Yu-Gi-Oh! anyways. But to see them on bikes calling out complicated moves is laughable. They should be getting a mouthful of bugs. Were they trying to make a children's version of Akira? Very Happy
kakoishii

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:57 pm Reply with quote
never really got into the whole yugioh thing. The plot lacking any sort of substance and mostly just being there as a reason to play card games (and sell cards) was a complete turn off. Is it just me or is incorporating racing just making this whole series even more contrived Confused That aside I actually thought the opening song was catchy, but that song that came in second is slightly more catchy Anime catgrin + sweatdrop say what you want about 4kids but I've always thought their dubbed intros were catchy at the very least (and yes I include the one piece opening from them too, please don't throw stones at me!), but pretty much all the losing songs were horrid, must you include "yugioh 5D's" in the song 50 million times it's just beyond lame and unnecessary.
NarutoRV

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quote
The dubbed versions of Yusei and Jack are totally out of character from their Japanese counterparts. Yusei is suppose to be a man of few words and very serious and soft spoken. Jack is suppose to be very arrogant and obnoxius. But the dubbed version has Yusei acting like Jaden and Jack acting like a good guy. THe Japanese version of Jack would have never told Yusei " you could've beaten me if you just trusted your deck" Japanese Jack doesn't think anyone can beat him. Yusei talks way too much in the dubbed version.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2