• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - September 13th - 19th

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
herbkir

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:28 pm Reply with quote
Regarding Moribito, a story making Internet rounds is that the show was bought in 2007 by a female CN executive for Toonami, who wanted Toonami to expand to tweens/teens. She died of an illness a couple of months after the acquisition.

Her successor saw no benefit to CN in going after the tween/teen viewers and felt Moribito wouldn't attract the kids 6-11 he wanted. So he dumped it on Adult Swim, telling them to burn off the episodes however they could to fulfill the contract. Which is apparently what [AS] has done. (^_*)
Greed1914

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote
herbkir wrote:
Regarding Moribito, a story making Internet rounds is that the show was bought in 2007 by a female CN executive for Toonami, who wanted Toonami to expand to tweens/teens. She died of an illness a couple of months after the acquisition.

Her successor saw no benefit to CN in going after the tween/teen viewers and felt Moribito wouldn't attract the kids 6-11 he wanted. So he dumped it on Adult Swim, telling them to burn off the episodes however they could to fulfill the contract. Which is apparently what [AS] has done. (^_*)

Of course, the biggest thing to keep in mind about Internet rumors is that many have no basis in anything. It could be true, but I'm extremely skeptical. Without a written out justification from Cartoon Network/Adult Swim, and not just a bump during Adult Swim making a joke, we might not ever really get to know their rationale.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quote
I have to admit, seeing Bleach at the very beginning of the block, plus FMA repeating, it made me optimistic about Saturdays.

The CG/Moribito end of the night slot still sucks though. I missed most of both of them anyways, stupid DISH Network wouldn't stop cutting out. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I have Dish Network as well, I was oddly surprised that the program guide actually caught up with the changes as quick as it did. Any other time it would still be showing the outdated schedule for another couple of weeks. Rolling Eyes

Anyways, I watched Bleach and FMA (why I don't know?), and I did DVR both Code Geass and Moribito, it was worth even if it felt a little odd watching during the daylight hours right before my usual plate of NFL games on Sunday. I hope that at some point they rectify this situation. I did good with it this time, but I'm usually bad about getting around to watching shows that I've recorded. Heck, I have movies I DVR'd from last year on my box that I've yet to watch.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quote
Deleted. Now and Then Here and There is a misogynistic crapfest.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
Fiction Alchemist wrote:
So, I was watching Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job (...I like it...) on Sunday and adult swim were complaining about Saturday ratings again. They said that it was "Sad". That's it. Just that one word. "Sad". They think THAT'S sad...

Bleach was the top ratings earner, by the way, followed by two Venture Bros episodes.

Yeah, somebody already posted the exact numbers on that other thread. Anime premieres beaten by the 2:30am EST repeat of Venture Bros.... *Le sigh*
(Not that it's a bad show, mind you.)

Fiction Alchemist wrote:

Just changing the subject for a moment to Now and Then, Here and There. Episode 11: spoiler[I can't freaking believe that after all that Sara has gone through, all of the torture and anguish, that Shu has the nerve to try to pile more crap on her with that "new life inside you" and "second chance" preaching BS. I'm sure that a torturous teenage pregnancy and birth (that might just kill her) and being forced to have a rapist's baby to always remind her of her horrors is exactly what a lost, raped, and orphaned girl needs when she's contemplating suicide. Mr. Sensitive... Shu isn't.

Of course, she might actually WANT the thing (but she tried to kill herself several times, once by hitting herself in the BELLY with a rock, so I kind of, I don't know, doubt that would be at this moment), but that should be her decision alone, like Sis says.]

Heh, from what I recall years ago, everyone deserves what they get in that show. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3