• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Iwakaze Capital's Takeover of Gonzo Parent Proceeds

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:47 am Reply with quote
Looks like this a happening thing these days. Companies merging either to survive or make more money. Of course the sad part it forces out some of the creative talent which in turn causes them to create their own company. Most likely that's what's going to happen.

I wonder why the original heads are being forced to resign.
Oronae

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
I wonder why the original heads are being forced to resign.

Perhaps, because their poor management has resulted in a number of massive failures recently that left the company on the verge of death.

I mean, seriously, who though giving Bokurano to a director that HATED the original work was a good idea?

I just hope that with new management in place there will be less of a tendency to force gaudy CG into every project.

Last edited by Oronae on Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Amiantos

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Not really surprised GONZO took a loss. Most of their shows they've done the past few years have been bleh.
GeneralArrow

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote
The best Gonzo works imo were The Last Exile, and Chrono Crusade. I'm still waiting for them to top those series. Its going to be hard for them to reorganize but I believe in Gonzo to do the right thing.
Warstar77

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quote
there going to sell there anime and things will be fine and everything will be ok Even after genzos parent company still got taken over by Iwakaze Capital KK was to make sure there company can produce more anime shows and everything will be fine ok.
zaeris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:41 pm Reply with quote
GeneralArrow wrote:
The best Gonzo works imo were The Last Exile, and Chrono Crusade. I'm still waiting for them to top those series. Its going to be hard for them to reorganize but I believe in Gonzo to do the right thing.

Gonzo's title varies with different genre, and each individual finds love in one of their titles while others find might not enjoy. ‘Best’ is subjective to each individual in this case.

In my case I find kaleido Star to be their best work in the shoujo department. For sci fi and entertainment Vandread and Gatekeeper has been my favourite. Comedy wise I enjoy Desert Punk.

But my biggest wish is for them to put in the same amount of care as they did with Last Exile and Gankutsuou gaining recognition. They've have the potential to make great anime as we’ve seen in the past hopefully we can see more.

P.S maybe we might see a revival to their 5 killer series.

Last edited by zaeris on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warstar77

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
everythings going to be fine with the anime ok and things will got better and i translated the anime from japan to english and i read it and everything will be fine and producing of anime will still run and everything will be fine and to all anime fans everything will be all right ^^ Cool trust me lol
Tofusensei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Warstar77 wrote:
everythings going to be fine with the anime ok and things will got better and i translated the anime from japan to english and i read it and everything will be fine and producing of anime will still run and everything will be fine and to all anime fans everything will be all right ^^ Cool trust me lol

If you can translate, can you translate what you just wrote into English? Shocked

-Tofu
Top Gun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:29 am Reply with quote
I'm thinking we just discovered what the Iraqi information minister is doing these days. Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1