• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: C3's (C Cube's) 5th BD/DVD to Have Unaired Episode

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:15 am Reply with quote
curses a bonus ep indeed more fear curse you to watch.
TD912

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:54 am Reply with quote
A lot of ANN's reviewers dismissed the first episode in the "Fall 2011 Preview" (or whatever it was called), and it's not in the bi-weekly "The Stream" article for whatever reason (reviewer too busy with other shows?), but the anime is quite a bit more than just a "slapstick comedy," especially after the first episode. In fact, it's more like drama and action with comedy on the side.

It has its fanservice moments, and the 2nd half gets more risque than the first, but the story is quite good, and the action is decently animated. The entire show has a sense of style with it's quirky aurora and gradient effects everywhere, and funny "skee bop" background music and random sketch-art style during the comedy scenes.

This extra episode doesn't sound like it will add anything to the plot. Probably just an extra beach/hot springs/pool episode...

Last edited by TD912 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:56 pm; edited 3 times in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:07 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, you really have to see the first two episodes of C3 to see what it's all about. I really enjoyed the show myself. I think Fear fighting with a variety of torture tools is very neat and I got totally attached to Kirika. I just want Haruaki to hug her, damn it!

Anyways, the show does suffer from the usual light novel adaptation problem: it feels very rushed with events happening at break neck speed. I understand that it happens because in novel form there's plenty of description text that will set up a scene or pan out a conversation and when it's animated it becomes unnecessary since you can see the environment and character actions. Thus things speed along from one event to another.

At any rate, I'm happy we're getting another episode. It would probably be too much to ask for a second season so I'm grateful we're getting this much.
inuhime

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:18 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

At any rate, I'm happy we're getting another episode. It would probably be too much to ask for a second season so I'm grateful we're getting this much.

I'm with you on that. I would love to get a second season!
Faiga_Raisa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Bah! Another unaired ep anime. Hopefully this comes out soon.

I'm still waiting for my ep 13 of DenpaOnna to come out at the end of January. And I've been waiting since April when it was announced.
R315r4z0r

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I think this show is pretty cool. But it did take an episode or two to get going. It totally makes a 180 in terms of mood from the first episode.

In a lot of ways it reminds me of When They Cry.

Fear is also like a cross between Konata from Lucky Star and Shana from Shakugan no Shana.

As for this new episode... I bet it has something to do with a curse with straps... or rope... or hair... or some sort of lengthy device that can be used to tie people up.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote
Very quirky show with nice style. Kirika is the main draw for me Anime smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1