• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Section23 Films Announces March Slate [2011-12-14]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostShell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I'm very excited about the release of Mardock Scramble Director's Cut slated for next March. It will be interesting to see what scenes have been added, especially considering the first release of the DVD was supposedly sixty-five minutes in length and this version is one hundred twenty five minutes. That's an extra hour that it is had been extended by. I've been waiting for Sentai's Blu-ray release of Mardock Scramble: The First Compression since they announced the licence acquisition. I'm very much looking forward to picking up this title.
chronoclast

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
GhostShell wrote:
It will be interesting to see what scenes have been added, especially considering the first release of the DVD was supposedly sixty-five minutes in length and this version is one hundred twenty five minutes. That's an extra hour that it is had been extended by.

The director's cut is only five minutes longer. The 125 minute runtime is because both the director's cut and theatrical versions are being included.
GhostShell

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote
chronoclast wrote:
GhostShell wrote:
It will be interesting to see what scenes have been added, especially considering the first release of the DVD was supposedly sixty-five minutes in length and this version is one hundred twenty five minutes. That's an extra hour that it is had been extended by.

The director's cut is only five minutes longer. The 125 minute runtime is because both the director's cut and theatrical versions are being included.

Ah, wondered about that. That makes more sense. Thanks.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1