• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The New York Times Reports on Lolita Culture

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maichips

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quote
Not a bad article. Unbiased while mildly informative. Worlds better than that dreadful MSNBC article on otaku sex. Anime smile
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quote
For those who don't want to register just to read a news article, use this link instead (browser cookies still needs to be on however).

The article doesn't really delve into much though. The multimedia interactive interviews give more insight.......... albeit a friend (who dresses up in Lolita garb) disagrees with some statements (she says there is definitely some sex appeal aspect about it)......... (She also says she wishes the article got photos of more good-looking gals to put the Lolita fashion in more favorable light. Laughing )
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Yes, most definetly better than that stupid article about the whole sex otaku thing or whatever that idiot was writing about. They even wrote about the fact that it is somewhat different from that of the novel that we might associate the term with.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that was short and to the point.

I don't really care for the whole culture, I just find the elaborate designs of clothes and the like a nice contrast to the crap of the modern culture.

And I agree as well. The idiot who wrote the MSNBC article... I'm still awaiting his firing... Or his humiliation... Or a future screw up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1