• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
a new feature I thought of.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking maybe there should be a "trivia" section for each title. the only problem would be varifying them.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 5:30 pm Reply with quote
JETBLACK87 wrote:

I was thinking maybe there should be a "trivia" section for each title. the only problem would be varifying them.

there are several good anime trivia sites on the net already.. it'd be pretty much just duplicated effort.

(speaking of which, it's about time for another music question)

i'd also thought about including 'best' fan links, so the top fansites for various shows (like ayanami.nu for Eva)... but that's basically something that's already handled by anipike and a few other anime search engines.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hotaru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:08 pm Reply with quote
no, cookie! no music question! i actually thought i had a chance of actually winning something with this...but with all the music questions and people posting before me...i don't think it's possible. Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I think the two suggestions, trivia and links, are good ideas for the encyclopedia. So what if other sites do trivia? So what if anipike does links? There are plenty of websites that do voices actors, but we still have that in the Encyclopedia, right? The idea is to have all the knowledge easily found in one place. So I'm all for adding trivia and the best fansites -- hell, ALL the fansites. But this can't go in the regular info screen, it would clutter it up too much. There's the potential for hundreds of trivia questions and hundreds of websites for some anime, and that would load up a page too much to make it useful. That information would somehow have to go into another page.

Hey, I just got myself fired up for that idea! I'm going to code it right now!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
JETBLACK87

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:01 am Reply with quote
awesome. I already have something I want to add for spirited away.
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:

Hey, I just got myself fired up for that idea! I'm going to code it right now!

Easy boy...

Didn't we already talk about Trivia?

Personally I'm for the trivia, but against the links (for now).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1