• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: One Piece Kaizoku Musou Game's Jump Festa Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:53 pm Reply with quote
"It's already been 2 years... Let's go!"

So excited! I'm getting mine imported unless Koei decides to do dual-audio again (and brings it to the US).

...I love it that the girls all swoon at Zoro (played by Kazuya Nakai, the king of swooners).
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:44 pm Reply with quote
This looks like it's shaping up pretty well! Very Happy I know other One Piece games have made it stateside, but I'm not sure they did very well... I wonder if this game will come over?
opn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Lightning Leo wrote:
This looks like it's shaping up pretty well! Very Happy I know other One Piece games have made it stateside, but I'm not sure they did very well... I wonder if this game will come over?

i actually think it has a fair chance to coming over since afterall the fotns game that was made by the same people temco koei was brought here and op is way more popular then fotns over here. anyway the trailer looked great i expected them to go straight to spoiler[the timeskip] but im glad they decided not to do that. Very Happy
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Looks awesome!
I hope you can fight against Kuro and Kreig also, but it seems most likely that it'll happen.

Last edited by MasterKingJC on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
harrison559

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:23 pm Reply with quote
looks awesome hope it comes to australia Razz
Dakaran

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:20 pm Reply with quote
They got a sale here from Canada =P
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:08 am Reply with quote
For a game running on the PS3, it doesn't look all that different from the Unlimited games on the Wii. But at the same time, I know the replayability of this game is going to be monumental considering past Omega Force games and One Piece's lengthy arcs. I'm a bit dissapointed it won't be getting Kouhei Tanaka's music for the game from what I know so far. There hasn't been a game with One Piece's signature soundtrack. It needs to happen.
Dumnerd

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:41 am Reply with quote
Lightning Leo wrote:
I know other One Piece games have made it stateside, but I'm not sure they did very well... I wonder if this game will come over?
None of them sold well in the U.S. and all of them we're received poorly by game critics. Couple that with the series not being on U.S. television anymore (read: can't "exploit" the kids market) and you'd have (from Namco Bandai Games' prespective) every logical reason not to release this game or even care that it exists.
opn wrote:
i actually think it has a fair chance to coming over since afterall the fotns game that was made by the same people temco koei was brought here and op is way more popular then fotns over here.
Because it was Tecmo Koei's game. Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage was developed & published by Koei Tecmo in Japan, so Tecmo Koei had the authority publish it in the States. One Piece: Kaizoku Musou, on the other hand, is being developed by Koei Tecmo, but will be published by Bandai Namco Games in Japan, so Tecmo Koei can't release it overseas without licencing it from Bandai Namco Games first. Not that something like that hasn't happened before (Solatorobo & Super Robot Wars: Original Generation comes to mind). Still, I don't think we should be holding our collective breath.
Drac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:01 am Reply with quote
A fan who attended Jump Festa said the game looks so much better in person then on any of the videos streaming online. I've never played a Dynasty Warriors game so playing this game will be a new experience for me. Unlimited Adventure gets way to bogged down by the search and gather. Not sure if Unlimited Cruise cut down on it but since we never got it I'll never know.

So yeah this game has no chance of being released in North America but a European release is more then likely going to happen almost around the same time it gets released in Japan except without all the cool bells and whistles like the Gold PS3 or the Special Edition set.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1