• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bakuman Manga Gets 3rd TV Anime Next Fall

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:32 am Reply with quote
how this is a great way to start the day, reading 'bout more Bakuman next year, can't wait
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:11 am Reply with quote
Well this is good news. Maybe Takagi and Mashiro should make a Manga about making Manga, then they'd have all the Anime adaptations they want.
st_owly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:39 am Reply with quote
This was nice news to wake up to. Hopefully by having breaks between the season rather than just keeping it on air all the time like with Naruto etc, we won't have ridiculous amounts of filler.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 4:50 am Reply with quote
I knew it Smile

I just hope this goes on like this. One season per year would be awesome. Like @st_owly said, all the greatness of the manga with no filler episodes to get you bored Very Happy
naninanino

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:10 am Reply with quote
I had a feeling it might get one. And it's not a good feeling. I'd prefer they go for an anime original ending. The series so far has failed to set up any expectations to its direction. Unless I'm seriously supposed to get excited whether their subpar manga gets an anime or not so the drawer can marry. Sorry, thats just boring. The first season might have been fun in an educational sense, but that novelty is long since dead.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:22 am Reply with quote
It's a story about making Manga, not about trying to have the chemistry-lacking Mashiro and Azuki hook up. That whole marriage promise was just an excuse to get the real plot rolling, and to keep it rolling whenever Mashiro gets discouraged. With regards to the Manga-making side of things, which is what the whole thing is really about, the series has been fantastic.

It's sad that Azuki is not a proper character but more like a plot device, but even with that albatross around the neck the show is still one of the better ones in the last few years. Which just goes to show how strong the writing is if it makes up for the huge weakness of a romance that god-awful.

Last edited by dtm42 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
burnpsy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:24 am Reply with quote
The series has rather conclusively replaced Bleach in the big 3. Money-wise, it would be utterly stupid to stop the anime.

In any event, I just read it as a slice of life about manga. It feels better as a series that way.
Nico1924

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:38 am Reply with quote
That's great! I was really waiting for this announcement.
Now I'm just hoping for a new season of Nurarihyon no Mago.
daichi383

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:08 am Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:
I had a feeling it might get one. And it's not a good feeling. I'd prefer they go for an anime original ending. The series so far has failed to set up any expectations to its direction. Unless I'm seriously supposed to get excited whether their subpar manga gets an anime or not so the drawer can marry. Sorry, thats just boring. The first season might have been fun in an educational sense, but that novelty is long since dead.

Meh! too bad for you. I'm looking forward to more bakuman cause the first media blasters volume was my first ever import and definitely not my last Twisted Evil
Toriko36

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know or have a source on why Media Blasters isn't releasing this on Blu-Ray?

When I was in Japan back in the Fall, they had Bakuman on Blu-Ray, so the masters are out there. I don't understand why Media Blasters would release Bakuman, an anime broadcasted in HD is putting out a DVD only release.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:57 am Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:

people love it, too bad for you. it looks like this type of anime is not for you. The series has follow the manga 100%. People like anime to follow the manga, not TV series people make up their own story.
Yupa

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:40 am Reply with quote
Good to know the anime will continue, the current second season is again one of my favorites this Fall.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Wow that was fast the second season not even over yet and there going to be a 3rd season
configspace

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Toriko36 wrote:
Does anyone know or have a source on why Media Blasters isn't releasing this on Blu-Ray?

When I was in Japan back in the Fall, they had Bakuman on Blu-Ray, so the masters are out there. I don't understand why Media Blasters would release Bakuman, an anime broadcasted in HD is putting out a DVD only release.

It might be too soon from the time the last BD volume was released in Japan (unless MB is willing to spend a lot more on the license) Perhaps Media Blasters will release a bluray version later which has been the case so far for their titles.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
media blasters, can't wait for you to announce that you've got rights for this too....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2