• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hell Girl Anime Debuts on IFC's Linear Channel Tonight

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:49 am Reply with quote
deadmanbullet wrote:
I heard this series aired weeks ago on IFC. Maybe they were lying... Sad

No, it was on IFC on Demand. Not on the actual channel. Must have gotten confused is all. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Relairknight wrote:
Very true, I just meant in general. Most of the time it's the jerks, but thats part of the fun of the show. Is the a-hole of the week going to bite it, or someone innocent, or no one at all!? Makes it fun to watch =)

Someone innocent spoiler[almost always gets screwed because they have to sell their soul in order for the a-hole to get what they deserve.]
Richard J.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Just to mention for everyone's benefit: all of the singles are out for Hell Girl and each comes with an art card (these are actually quite nice) featuring official art for the series. The art box comes with 3 extra ones (I think, it may have been 2.)

So if you find yourself enjoying the series, it's all out and the art cards might not be available when the box set happens. Just thought I'd mention it. I know, after just one episode it's too early to tell right? This is one of my favorite series and I've got it all on DVD already so I just wanted to make sure those just starting in are fully aware. (If it becomes one of your fav series, you might want those art cards.)

Anyway, I hope everyone watching for the first time on IFC enjoys the series as much as I do.
Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
deadmanbullet wrote:

No, it was on IFC on Demand. Not on the actual channel. Must have gotten confused is all. Wink

I have the regular IFC channel on DirecTV, Braves, and the first episode came on just fine for me.

I'll have to reserve judgement on this one until we see where it's going. Among other things, the fact that the avenged victims will end up in Hell as well as the perps is a bit disturbing. It will be interesting to see how the implications of that are played out.
braves

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:36 pm Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
braves wrote:
deadmanbullet wrote:

I have the regular IFC channel on DirecTV, Braves, and the first episode came on just fine for me.

Yeah, I was talking about the premiere a few months ago on IFC on Demand. Should have made that clearer. Anime smile + sweatdrop

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-26/ifc-to-premiere-hell-girl-on-on-demand-channel-in-july

I recorded it off of IFC when it aired, too. Smile

Oh, and guys, there's a thread on the anime forum for this run, too. Anime smile + sweatdrop I've yet to post there because I haven't watched my recording.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kelly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:31 pm Reply with quote
braves wrote:
Yeah, I was talking about the premiere a few months ago on IFC on Demand. Should have made that clearer. Anime smile + sweatdrop

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2008-01-26/ifc-to-premiere-hell-girl-on-on-demand-channel-in-july

No problem. I've got it now and wasn't aware as I don't follow On Demand airings. And no sweatdrop necessary for me - I'm very easygoing Wink
samuraiwalt

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:55 am Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
braves wrote:

No problem. I've got it now and wasn't aware as I don't follow On Demand airings. And no sweatdrop necessary for me - I'm very easygoing Wink

Hell Girl season 3, Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae starts airing tomorrow in Japan.
braves

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quote
Kelly wrote:
And no sweatdrop necessary for me - I'm very easygoing Wink

I'll keep that in mind then. Wink

samuraiwalt wrote:
Hell Girl season 3, Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae starts airing tomorrow in Japan.

Season 3? So, I guess this means that seasons 1 and 2 all end in cliffhangers or that Hell Girl comes back ala Freddy Krueger or Jason Voorhees. Meh, I'll keep my opinions in check until I actually watch an episode (which will be tonight, hopefully).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2