• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hiiro no Kakera Anime's Staff, Cast, Date Listed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote
So it is DEEN...though they did a good enough job with Hakuouki so I'll stay positive. The director seems a bit too comedy oriented, hope he can pull off the drama in the second half of the game where everything goes to hell.

Of course the big question is which path gets adopted. Personally I preferred Mahiro's route in the game since Takuma's route goes down cliche lane quite a bit due to him being the main protagonist. Also wondering how they'll incorporate spoiler[the extra guardian]
opn

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:34 pm Reply with quote
im still not sure if i will check this out or not...the premise sounds interesting but video game adaptions tend to be a mix bunch and it doesnt help this is a otome game...i guess i'll wait for a trailer before deciding if its worth seeing or not.
chichiri_chan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
As a huge fan of the game, this has me super exited. Very Happy I heard a while back that an anime was planned for 2012, but they never gave a rough idea when. I'm not too happy about it being with DEEN, but I will give that they did a decend job weaving the different paths together with Hakuouki.

The fan in me hopes that Tamaki goes down Suguru's path, but I can deal with Takuma's as long as they give everyone a decent amount of screen time.
momogoldfish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I really liked Suguru's path too, since Tamaki seems to get the most development there. But to be realistic that path doesn't involve a lot of interactions with the other potential love interests so I really doubt they'll chose it.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:58 am Reply with quote
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Where is my darling Ryou Kutani??? Please tell me they haven't left him out!
chichiri_chan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote
momogoldfish wrote:
I really liked Suguru's path too, since Tamaki seems to get the most development there. But to be realistic that path doesn't involve a lot of interactions with the other potential love interests so I really doubt they'll chose it.

Yeah, too true. If they could at least take some of the scenes from Suguru's path, that might be okay. Otherwise I'm afraid we'll get some piddly amount of screen time with him.

There's a novel series out in Japan, so maybe they'll follow the story from those books. It's by the same publisher as the Hakuouki books, although the Hakuouki books were based off of the anime instead of the other way around. The book version was actually pretty good. (It's what got me into the game).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1