• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New .hack Game Set After 2012's .hack//The Movie

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Next-gen "Dot Hack"? Yes please.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh dear... Are we getting rehash characters again??? I'd like to see some characters return, but... Still, I'm excited.

Also, a correction for the article. His name is romanized as Haseo in the English (Haseo even complained in .hack//Link about Tokio accidentally calling him Haseyo instead of Haseo).
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
.hack 3rd season" project has taken a turn for photorealism after the anime-influenced look of the previous titles.

So now they're ripping off Final Fantasy...Okay not like FF is the only game to use Photo Realistic Graphics but really, I don't like Photo Realism. It's too uncanny valley, too creepy. Well I hate it more for movies than I do games. Yoshiyuki Sadamoto has always been a great designer, why change it?
Dakaran

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:26 pm Reply with quote
If this comes out on ps3 I will buy it. I own pretty much every games on ps2 of the .hack series and all the anime produced. Also, I hope it lives on to its tradition with excellent story, gameplay and music. .Hack for me is all about story and music but surely couldn't hurt to have a nice gameplay too.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
They're probably putting it on the powerful consoles, and that's why they're going for photo-realism and real-time rendering, in order to take advantage of the power of those consoles, plus that's what console buyers expect out of their powerful consoles that they paid a lot of money for. Laughing
Ovan~the~Rebirth

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:10 am Reply with quote
And I thought they said .hack//Link was the last game for the franchise...

mewpudding101 wrote:
Oh dear... Are we getting rehash characters again??? I'd like to see some characters return, but... Still, I'm excited.

Yeah I'm getting real tired of rehashing the of characters, it's why I loved the .hack//G.U. game series because it introduced new characters. They already did a .hack//Legend of the Twilight Braclet, where we see a new Kite Cyberconnect 2, move on and make some new characters!

But yeah the graphcis look sharp, though who knows if Bandai Namco Games will pick it up since they completely ignored .hack//Link.

Sorry for all the negativity, I'm looking forward to this game too
shafiq95

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:29 am Reply with quote
Yuki_Kun45 wrote:
Quote:
.hack 3rd season" project has taken a turn for photorealism after the anime-influenced look of the previous titles.

So now they're ripping off Final Fantasy...Okay not like FF is the only game to use Photo Realistic Graphics but really, I don't like Photo Realism. It's too uncanny valley, too creepy. Well I hate it more for movies than I do games. Yoshiyuki Sadamoto has always been a great designer, why change it?

i wud have prefer the old graphic or at least the use of cel shaded graphic.....anyway i wonder y we using haseo again .......
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1