• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[AU] anime releases not licensed/released in N. America

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
Upcoming release from Madman Ent. EDIT: May 22, 2013.

Last edited by WTK on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Chihayafuru

via Siren Visual Facebook page
Quote:
Watch the series.... read the manga!

Bilingual Manga - 2 Book Set
Chihayafuru manga, written and illustrated by Yuki Suetsugu

Yep, some time this year we're releasing Chihayafuru.
As soon as we put the dvd up on our site for pre-order, some lucky buyer gets the manga!
Crisha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!

Finally, someone I can purchase Chihayafuru from. It's not a blu-ray, but it's from a company I really appreciate and so I'll settle. And the series is so good I'm willing to double dip if someone in America ends up getting this.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:19 am Reply with quote
I am so importing that.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:45 am Reply with quote
FINALLY! I am definitely buying that.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:32 am Reply with quote

Nichijou: Collection 2 is now up on Madman's website. Release date is 4/17/2013.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
So Siren Visual announced Chihayafuru a couple days ago. Now comes Hakaba Kitaro and Mononoke.

Quote:
Announcement clue..... can you guess it?

Good one! Hakaba Kitaro!

Quote:
Final Announcement.... or is it?
Murder, Mystery.....and a touch of the supernatural.....
Mononoke
Ayakashi: Samurai Horror Tales spinoff is here!
AngkorWhat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Hanabee announced they have licensed Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Kids on the Slope for both DVD and Bluray.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Holy crap, Chihayafuru and Mononoke licensed?

This is the kind of stuff I want to see on ANN's front page. That I had to read it weeks after the announcement really ticks me off. How can ANN have so much inane stupidity on their front page and then not announce actual license acquisitions, especially highly desired series that have no current NA release?

Anyway, I really love Siren Visual. I already have Tatami Galaxy and Kaiba from them, but now I'll pick up Dennou Coil complete box/Chihayafuru/Mononoke as well.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
AngkorWhat wrote:
Hanabee announced they have licensed Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Kids on the Slope for both DVD and Bluray.

Both licensed by Sentai Filmworks in North America. Kids on the Slope is already solicited for May. Dusk Maiden of Amnesia will likely be released in June (EDIT: same thing for Mysterious Girlfriend X).
Megiddo wrote:
This is the kind of stuff I want to see on ANN's front page. That I had to read it weeks after the announcement really ticks me off. How can ANN have so much inane stupidity on their front page and then not announce actual license acquisitions, especially highly desired series that have no current NA release?

I think it's part of no cross coverage from ANN AU (and also ANN UK).

But I definitely agree with you. Wouldn't people (on the US side of site) want to know the likes of Chihayafuru and Mononoke are getting licensed by another English speaking country?
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Holy crap, Chihayafuru and Mononoke licensed?

Anyway, I really love Siren Visual. I already have Tatami Galaxy and Kaiba from them, but now I'll pick up Dennou Coil complete box/Chihayafuru/Mononoke as well.

Agreed, I only found out by accident because I saw someone posting about it on twitter.

I am going to order Dennou Coil & Mononoke but Chihayafuru I am still holding out hope it will get a license here. But I still might break down and order it.

But seriously those are 3 of my most wanted licenses. I am at a loss why Australia can license these wonderful series but not the US. Obviously someone at Siren Visual has great taste.
gsilver

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
I own (and love) the Dennou Coil set, as well as the Kaiba and Tatami Galaxy ones.

Mononoke is on my "to watch" list... I had better get on that if a proper physical release is going to become available.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:42 pm Reply with quote
People that want international licensing news on the front page: Let Tempest know about it here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:12 pm Reply with quote
via ANN AU
Quote:
A Certain Magical Index: DVD release with season 1 part 1 and season 1 part 2 on the 24th of April 2013. Season 2 will be released later in 2013 and A Certain Scientific Railgun in June 2013. [link]

A Certain Magical Index
A Certain Magical Index will be released on DVD season 1 part 1 and season 1 part 2 on the 24th of April 2013. Each release will contain 12 episodes over two discs and will have the English and Japanese dub tracks. USPHA does have the rights to the second season called A Certain Magical Index II but there is currently no release date it. However the spinoff, A Certain Scientific Railgun, is slated to be released in June 2013.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Just saw a message on Hanabee's facebook page that the Bakemonogatari sets are delayed due to production delays. The first set is now going to be released in April and they don't have a release date for the second set yet.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 12 of 23