• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Young Gangan Editorial Staffer Dismissed for Blog Post

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:11 am Reply with quote
Right.... Underage drinking among idols never happens... They panicked about their press people getting access to idols in the future, but it was a stupid thing to do on his part and he would not get hired by another press group for all time.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quote
That guy (28) was once a cabaret host (think about Ouran High School Host Club), which might explain how he could lure three starlets to drink with him. Japanese girls are soooo after this type of ikemen; it's not very hard to dig up his personal photo on the net.

I wonder how and why Square Enix hired him as an editor though (or maybe he was a PR staff instead?). Rolling Eyes

EDIT: In his personal info he said that he is an editorial staff for gravure idols, which explains why he was hired.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Merina

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:15 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, that artical was brutal. i can't believe he would post something like that, how reckless. Who would psot something like that knowing it was going to come back and bite you? I'm glad he go let go, but i can't believe the company had to suffer because of it. So very unnessisary press... Confused
BleuVII

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:54 pm Reply with quote
Suffer? I doubt it. Square-Enix isn't going to take a hit from something as stupid as that. Even their Gangan branch is big enough for this not to be a big deal. If anything, they are benefiting from this. Bad publicity is STILL publicity, and Young Gangan could use a bit of that as it sits in the shadow of larger magazines.
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Aren't those covers kinda dirty? Or maybe they just make me think dirty skeetskeet thoughts.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:31 pm Reply with quote
Look at it this way, this entire sitution could have been much worse and could have actually caused problems for Square Enix.

Even after several years, the games Square Enix produces are quite enjoyable for a old school gamer like myself. I am sure this little problem will eventually work itself out and will be forgotten soon.
Vortextk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quote
So was it basically a "japanese otaku don't release idols are real people underneath, so let's try to cover this up to save those reputations" deal?
strahl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:13 pm Reply with quote
no, definitely japanese Otaku Don't release idols, is the magazine the one that release and publish idol works, why should Otaku release idols unless they are hostages from them?

your post makes little to nosense....
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quote
strahl wrote:
your post makes little to nosense....

Methinks Vortextk tried to write "realize" but typed "release" instead. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1