• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
help with naruto dvds

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dozi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:34 am Reply with quote
Hello all.
I know this has most likely come up a lot but I need help desperatly.
I have bought a Naruto box set from [This URL is a known Bootlegging Website] and it is a fake. I thought it was to good to be true and I was right. The price was $30.00 for the first 21 episodes and they were imported and subbed in english. The first dvd has an annoying email address that comes up on it when the characters aren't talking.
I love the Naruto anime and manga and have would like to get the full dvd set before it comes out in english because I can't wait that long. I want legit dvds with the english subtitles. If you know any trusted anime dealers that sell this please help me. I will forever be in your gratitude. Thank you for all your help.
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:17 am Reply with quote
There are currently no legitimate english-subtitled Naruto DVDs. I am 100% certain of that.

If you want to buy the legitimate Japanese (R2) DVDs, you can find them on CDJapan.co.jp and Amazon.co.jp -- be warned that they're expensive and don't have subtitles.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
one3rd

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:28 pm Reply with quote
dozi wrote:
I love the Naruto anime and manga and have would like to get the full dvd set before it comes out in english because I can't wait that long. I want legit dvds with the english subtitles.

So you want the legitimate DVDs with English subtitles before they're even available anywhere? The show hasn't even been licensed let alone officially translated. You can and WILL have to wait.
dozi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for all the help guys. I guess I do need to wait after all(sniff sniff).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1