• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Michiko and Hatchin (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Araym Bluesummers

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:53 pm Reply with quote
Michiko and Hatchin

As if the topic headline wasn't sufficiently self explanatory, my question is if you've seen Michiko to hatchin, I just want to know your thoughts about it.
Personally, I loved it even though for a first episode it didn't reveal anything about the plot. The way Hana was treated with such abuse infuriated me but at least it actually got me feeling sympathy for her. As for Michiko there hasn't been much too of her to be seen in the very short time to have an opinion besides the fact that she's hot.
Anyways, just wanted to know what you thought of the show (If you've seen it).
Courbet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quote
Well, Araym, personally my thoughts have been very positive. Normally I am not really into urban ganster/cop-styled anime, they bore the hell out of the me but the production values and the art on this just seem immense.

The world is dark and gritty, you can just feel the lack of jobs and money, and people struggling - its a harsh life. The first episode makes that very clear.

Hana's treatment at the house I felt was slightly overdone but that i just a minor gripe - it set up the girl's background, personality, and reasons for going with Michiko perfectly.

Without a doubt this has the same 'cool' factor that Champloo had and I cant wait for the second episode Smile[/spoiler]
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:54 pm Reply with quote
i was gonna wait until there was at least two episodes to make a thread about this.

the first episode didn't give that much to go on, but i absolutely love the atmosphere of the series so far. the music and the animation are fantastic.
Araym Bluesummers

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:57 pm Reply with quote
You know I can't seem to find episode two anywhere. I watched the first episode on [some site] but so far no one has posted another episode since. Though this thread was for thoughts I must ask this question. "Where the hell is episode two?"

[EDIT: Edited. -TK]
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:27 pm Reply with quote
We can't tell you, site rules don't allow discussions or exchanging of information on obtaining fansubs, but you can talk about the show all you want. Just be patient, or maybe even use Google if you're that desperate.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Araym Bluesummers wrote:
You know I can't seem to find episode two anywhere. I watched the first episode on [some site] but so far no one has posted another episode since. Though this thread was for thoughts I must ask this question. "Where the hell is episode two?"

episode 2 didn't come on this week, some soccer game aired instead.
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:01 pm Reply with quote
Courbet wrote:
Hana's treatment at the house I felt was slightly overdone but that i just a minor gripe - it set up the girl's background, personality, and reasons for going with Michiko perfectly.

I completely agree with this. Some of it was just a bit too extreme, but at least Hana is out of there now and so we don't have to deal with it anymore.

I didn't know what to expect with this series, but I was sufficiently intrigued by the first episode to keep going with it. Though I hope that I don't have to wait too long for a SD release, since I haven't had much luck with .mkv files.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quote
I've come across my fair share of ill-mannered brats, but man, that was some hardcore bullying there Shocked though it felt really good as I watched Hana-chan clobbering that Maria kid, you can't really blame the latter and her brother when their evil parents turn a blind eye to their abuse of her.

Overall, the first episode was incredibly entertaining. Looking forward to the backstory regarding Hana's conception and the circumstances that led Michiko to be imprisoned.
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quote
ok so now i can say this is looking to be one of the best shows of the season, the second episode was really awesome spoiler[the chase scene at the end was fantastic, i also loved the ear-biting scene. the story is also getting really good, with the mystery of Michiko's father.] there's definitely some real potential here.
spooksmagee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:04 am Reply with quote
I'm totally digging this show so far as well. Animation looks great, interesting character designs, great music... it has a lot going for it so far. I like the chemistry between Michiko and Hana as well, and honestly I'd be content if the rest of the series was just the two of them paling around and getting into various misadventures.

But, if the events of episode 2 are any indication, there is some significant back story that needs to be revealed. Which is a good thing. Wink
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:49 am Reply with quote
My thoughts: If this show gets licensed, I wonder how many people will complain if it gets released as "Michiko and Hatchin" instead of "Michiko to Hatchin" like the fansub filenames I'm seeing. I can hear it now, "omg I can't believe they changed the title those American companies are always butchering anime" Rolling Eyes
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:56 am Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
My thoughts: If this show gets licensed, I wonder how many people will complain if it gets released as "Michiko and Hatchin" instead of "Michiko to Hatchin" like the fansub filenames I'm seeing. I can hear it now, "omg I can't believe they changed the title those American companies are always butchering anime" Rolling Eyes

huh? that is the official name, unless you're saying they will change it to be more palatable in America? Confused
marie-antoinette

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:23 am Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Zalis116 wrote:

huh? that is the official name, unless you're saying they will change it to be more palatable in America? Confused

Zalis is saying that even if the license uses the actual translation of the title people will complain about it being "and" instead of "to," even if the former actually makes more sense.
BunnyCupCakes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 8:41 am Reply with quote
Lol, overdone?

Well it is anime Laughing
Alot of things are exaggerated but I thought it was done well to get the point across with Hana's bullying.

The first episode was great overall and I'm really having high hopes for this anime to be a good one. I haven't been sucked in by a first episode for a long time.

...I still have to watch episode 2 though.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quote
Zalis116 wrote:
My thoughts:

Why not just ignore them? If they keep whining just lock the thread.

marie-antoinette wrote:
Zalis is saying that even if the license uses the actual translation of the title people will complain about it being "and" instead of "to," even if the former actually makes more sense.

FYI: the "to" in Michiko to Hatchin is the Japanese conjunction equivalent of "and" in English. It is pronounced similar to (but not the same as) "toe," not like "two" in the English conjunction of "to."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8