• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: ADV Films to Distribute Anime for Sentai Filmworks

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hunter Gren

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quote
As head planner for Sogen Con, I feel the need to Point out that Sogen Con takes place in Sioux Falls South Dakota, and that Chris Ayres, [i]not [/i ]Greg Ayres, provided additional information regarding the announcement.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:35 am Reply with quote
yay adv is making a come back....... we don't have to worry about funisoft domniation any more.............

-G
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
daedelus

At last, some good news for a change involving ADV. Hopefully this is the beginning of a comeback for them. There will always be a special place in my heart for ADV. I'm really looking forward to Clannad!
Big Hed

Oh wow, they actually got it. Well I for one am glad to hear that ADV is getting back on its feet. Clannad is obviously fantastic news to hear about from them, but re-acquiring the licenses for Mahoromatic and Tsukihime isn't too shabby, either.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quote
Surprised UV lost the rights to Pet Shop. [Or maybe I shouldn't be.] Maybe someone can pester them to license rescue Strange Dawn and that Final Fantasy V OVA.
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quote
ADV saved Mahoromatic? Oh please have worse releases than Geneon's Razz Well, if the ending had more closely followed the manga's, then maybe I'd consider double-dipping...
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:40 am Reply with quote
I'm kind of hoping someone will bring back Fushigi Yugi, so I can finally get it, and cheap.
Nebs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit surprised that ADV is releasing Clannad in singles. They need to catch up with the other dubbing companies & start releasing box-sets from the get-go.

GATSU wrote:
I'm kind of hoping someone will bring back Fushigi Yugi, so I can finally get it, and cheap.

RightStuf had a sale a few weeks back where they were selling the Fushigi Yugi singles for $5 each. Finally allowed me to collect the whole series at an affordable price. ^^ Still need the OVAs though, but god did that first one suck.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Taiyz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:06 am Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
I'm a bit surprised that ADV is releasing Clannad in singles. They need to catch up with the other dubbing companies & start releasing box-sets from the get-go.
Personally II kinda want a nice, big Clannad box beside my Kanon set, so I appreciate this, somehow.

I'm especially pleased, however, that they're joining in the license rescuing, though I'm surprised that it wasn't FUNimation that grabbed Tsukihime considering their license of Fate/stay night...I'm kind of concerned about the price factor though, since 80 bucks for 13 episodes is a pretty hard pill to swallow.

Now who will be getting Kara no Kyoukai? =P
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quote
Nebs: Thanks. I didn't know anyone still had it. Even without the discount, it's actually pretty cheap now, so I might consider it.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote
Now when will ADV feel strong enough to finish R2 releases of Kurau, and Wallflower for the UK is what I'd like to know. Rolling Eyes I've been waiting for Ah My Goddess, Flights of Fancy as well, but I see FUNI has got control of those so maybe we will see it sooner now that Manga Ent. UK has FUNi's contract to distribute here.
bleuster

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:43 am Reply with quote
Where does Yotsuba& Vol. 6 come into all of this?
That's what the people want to know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:15 am Reply with quote
If this means a new printing of Pet Shop them I am very happy.

bleuster wrote:
Where does Yotsuba& Vol. 6 come into all of this?
That's what the people want to know.

This I don't understand either. I mean it is a sure thing seller. You would think they would want to get it out there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:34 am Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:

This I don't understand either. I mean it is a sure thing seller. You would think they would want to get it out there.
You'd think that but you'd think they'd try harder to get ceratin other properties out there too...
Espeon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:42 am Reply with quote
I hope to see good things from ADV, Finally clean out this domination of Funi, Though I do like getting my series faster then usual like Funi has been befor they used to release 1 dvd per month where other companies used to release 1 dvd per 2 months, But i'm a box set loven kinda guy and these thin packs aint doing it for me Smile
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6