• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fullmetal Madness

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quote
KanonAirHaruhiShuffle wrote:
v1cious wrote:
isn't the new Castlevania out this week?

the ones you see are all ones coming out next week so in other words last week's X Button mentioned Castlevania but yup it just came out yesterday

oops, yeah i just noticed the date Embarassed
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quote
I agree with GATSU, please give us the PS2 Goemon game we should have gotten (even though I know it's pointless to beg since it was cancelled)!

Oh Cyberbots, I was wondering when I'd ever see this game. I tried to find screenshots of this game so I could figure out where the screaming Jin of Marvel vs. Capcom came from.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I remember playing Toshinden on a PSX demo CD. It was my first exposure to the phenominon of characters reacting to being slashed by a sword as if it was a mere punch. Now that's resilience.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quote
cool3865 wrote:
interesting that someone is brought back the toshinden series, 1 & 2 were great and 3 was horrible.

also Cyberbots rules, i love that game to death.

also if someone can bring back toshinden can someone bring back Bushido Blade like how they use to be?
SquareEnix is too full of itself now(I hate to say that about my two most beloved company's),to bring back a classic like Bushido Blade.(Also part two was the exact opposite of what part one,went out of it's way to be.)They would probably ruin it even further.

Anyway.

It's funny,because I was playing Toshinden 2 on Mame,yesterday,and I thought to my self "I wonder if anyone has the guts to revive Toshinden,now a days?" But then again,I don't see how anyone could,after part 4 sucked so bad.

I sign on this morning and bam!,what do you know,a new Toshinden.Very Happy

Wait a minute... Confused

Todd said this new one is going to be called Subaru?That's the title for part 4,on PSX(Playstation to you non-nerds).
Toshinden 4 Ahhh,re-releasing old games as new,I see.Part 4 was terrible.Wii or not,you can't polish this piece of ****.

On a happier note,Cyberbots was always fun.It's also great to hear another fan,talk about one of the many great CPS II games.Keep it up man.
Elves

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'll probably need a few more years before I can talk about what the now-defunct publisher Working Designs and its release schedule did to my stress levels.

Hey, now. If you were a true Working Designs fan you'd have learned to automatically add two years to the original release date from the get-go. Wink At least I did. Saved me a lot of stress! (A lot of good that does you now though. lol. Please note that this whole post is all in good-fun, k. Smile )
dangerwhat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the No More Heroes 2 trailer. I'm glad that its getting a sequel, though I've not played the first one yet. Guess now I have even more incentive to get it. Of course, then I ended up watching videos from Oneechanbara (the title alone makes me laugh with its stupid pun) - I can't believe that game is coming out here! And I can't wait xD

New Toshinden is exciting, and on the Wii no less. Can't wait. I have fond memories of Battle Arena Toshinden 2 for PC xD Not the greatest game ever by any means - but enjoyable and fun.

Let's Tap sounds....well, I'm all for more games that penguins can play, I guess.

Cyberbots I like. Its good fun, more or less. I love Tech Romancer, but I think its much less accessible to most gamers, its not as "normal" of a game. I can't believe you mentioned Primal Rage o.O I didn't think that caught on as well as Mortal Kombat
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
cool3865

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quote
i still have yet to play part 4 or battle arena toshinden or even find it. was it really that bad like worst than 3?
skyler25

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Aw, when I saw the title, I thought there was gonna be some cool new Fullmetal Alchemist game out ^^;
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Mobius Archer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:25 pm Reply with quote
I believe that Armored Warriors is Powered Gear. Im not a big fan of Cyberbots but i love Armored Warriors. Its also on GameTap. Hooray for GameTap!
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quote
Shadowrun:
Quote:
SquareEnix is too full of itself now(I hate to say that about my two most beloved company's),to bring back a classic like Bushido Blade.(Also part two was the exact opposite of what part one,went out of it's way to be.)They would probably ruin it even further.

I liked their "sequel" to Brave Fencer Musashi myself. Rolling Eyes
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
Just to note, the cover for the US version of King of Fighters: Orochi Saga has since been changed. It's stylish as hell.

Niiiice.

I hope that's the actual cover and not some "fan" mock-up; that would disappoint me BIG TIME. I might have to see if there's a poster of this too.
Fronzel

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:34 pm Reply with quote
There's going to be a No More Heroes 2?

When the first game specifically promised there wouldn't be a sequel?

I didn't get 98% of that game, but that's funny!
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:26 am Reply with quote
Bob Loblaw wrote:
Captain Crotchspike wrote:
Just to note, the cover for the US version of King of Fighters: Orochi Saga has since been changed. It's stylish as hell.

Niiiice.

I hope that's the actual cover and not some "fan" mock-up; that would disappoint me BIG TIME. I might have to see if there's a poster of this too.
That cover looked decent,and Captain's trust worthy(you win,EX Plus Alpha is pretty good).It's crazy that we are still buying up KOF 95-97.IMO 99,was the best.I liked the strikers.

You know what's funny though,you can always check the version that SNKPlaymore,threw together by looking to see if Mai's "boob's jiggle" or not.

Believe it or not,it changes from time to time.I was a manager of a video store at one point in time,and that's what I did.Umm,test games all day. Anime exclamation

cool3865 wrote:
i still have yet to play part 4 or battle arena toshinden or even find it. was it really that bad like worst than 3?
Let me rant a bit.Part one was great,only because 3D was new at the time and I had bought Battle arena at the time of launch.It was during PSX's "You are not E" beginning.(I was probably the only one there,still pissed that SNES CD was canceled.)

Anyway there was :
1. Battle Arena Toshinden (1994, Sony PlayStation)
2. Battle Arena Toshinden 2 (1995)
3. Battle Arena Toshinden 2 Plus (1996, Sony PlayStation)
4. Battle Arena Nitoshinden (1996, Sony PlayStation)
5. Battle Arena Toshinden Remix (1996, Sega Saturn)
6. Battle Arena Toshinden URA - Ultimate Revenge Attack (1996, Sega Saturn)
7. Battle Arena Toshinden 3 (1997, Sony PlayStation)
8. Battle Arena Toshinden 4 (1999, Sony PlayStation)

Toshinden 1 and 2 had the same engine.Of course it was refined as they went along (remixes and what not).By the time 3 hit,it was different.I enjoyed 3 a lot.But the game had changed.New additions were there,they just didn't feel new.I believe they got rid of the ring out's,in this one.It felt a little cheaper.Though I did stick around for Vermillion(not nearly as badass as part 2) Judgement and Zola.It was fun,but was becoming generic.

I really didn't know generic,until I bought part 4.Series are supposed to get better over time,not worse.

Well,the graphics are better at least,though everything has suddenly slowed down.Every fighters stage has three parts to pick from.You can pick the ground,the platform(ring out's)or a falling tiles platform.Has this suddenly become a party game?

The combo system is sloppy ,you get to freely run around this time (there is a limit though),terrible A.I.,and you can now pick from teams of 3,KOF style.These things still can't save this title.

But.I too ignored the warning signs when I got it.It's for collection.Yes cool,it's much worse than part 3.If anything you should check it out,just to see how bad it is.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quote
So THAT's where Jin comes from! lol, I've been wondering that for years. I love Marvel vs Capcom, but I could never figure out who the crap Jin was. Now I know. Very Happy
cool3865

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:54 pm Reply with quote
dont worry shadowrun i was also pissed when sony pulled out of the SNES CD deal, will have to check out part 4, part 3 was when they introduced the cage battles so no ring outs, i know they also introduced ring sizes too in part 3.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3