Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodomo no Jikan Second Term Episode to Ship with Manga


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Paludis



Joined: 03 Jun 2006
Posts: 46

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quote
Well that's good to hear, no more ridiculous TV censorship. The first series should have been an OVA to start with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ShugoYotsuba



Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 126
Location: Georgia, USA

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:07 am Reply with quote
Paludis wrote:
Well that's good to hear, no more ridiculous TV censorship. The first series should have been an OVA to start with.


I agree
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fighterholic



Joined: 28 Sep 2005
Posts: 9193

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:23 am Reply with quote
I'm just feeling that this whole thing about people screaming LOLI!! is starting to get a little exaggerated. Now you would know that the censorship started because of the reaction to the series over here. It had to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Nemo_N



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 263

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The bundled 25-minute episode will adapt the popular "Shiro-chan, Kuro-chan" story from the manga.


Awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TsukasaElkKite



Joined: 22 Nov 2005
Posts: 1811

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote
So does this mean Second Term is gonna be a full 12 episode TV series? I'm confused. 1 episode ships with the manga, then what?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
ConanSan



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 1818

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quote
Damnit, I read that as "Kodocha" and got excited.

Stupid loli manga that's not a loli manga...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
britannicamoore



Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 2616
Location: Out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote
to order or not to order thats the question...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Panda Man



Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 257
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
So does this mean Second Term is gonna be a full 12 episode TV series? I'm confused. 1 episode ships with the manga, then what?


I think it will be 6 to 10. But, it all depends on how many the put on the other volumes. Either way, more Kodomo no Jikan is good to me. Still wish a U.S. release would happen. I was expecting Media Blasters to pick it up for a sub only release, but that hasn't happened. I mean, its not like its porn, it actually isn't bad at all if you are 16 or so. I wouldn't recommend for younger people though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
dangerwhat



Joined: 22 Jul 2007
Posts: 181
Location: Central Florida

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
So does this mean Second Term is gonna be a full 12 episode TV series? I'm confused. 1 episode ships with the manga, then what?


I think it will be 6 to 10. But, it all depends on how many the put on the other volumes. Either way, more Kodomo no Jikan is good to me. Still wish a U.S. release would happen. I was expecting Media Blasters to pick it up for a sub only release, but that hasn't happened. I mean, its not like its porn, it actually isn't bad at all if you are 16 or so. I wouldn't recommend for younger people though.


I'll take your word for it, having not seen it myself - and it doesn't sound like something I'd especially want to see anyhow. Its popularity really is interesting though. Something about the plot and its execution must really jive with a set of the Japanese audience.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Panda Man



Joined: 12 Oct 2007
Posts: 257
Location: North Carolina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:17 pm Reply with quote
dangerwhat wrote:


I'll take your word for it, having not seen it myself - and it doesn't sound like something I'd especially want to see anyhow. Its popularity really is interesting though. Something about the plot and its execution must really jive with a set of the Japanese audience.


I don't know why they like it. I like it because its hilarious to me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
LiuXuande



Joined: 23 Mar 2006
Posts: 197
Location: Chicago

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quote
dangerwhat wrote:
I'll take your word for it, having not seen it myself - and it doesn't sound like something I'd especially want to see anyhow. Its popularity really is interesting though. Something about the plot and its execution must really jive with a set of the Japanese audience.


lol your attempt at trying to analyze the moe of KnJ as "the plot and execution" of the series is hilarious. Unless you're being sarcastic Razz

Also, this is great news.

Also a US release would be disastrous. You must not be reading all the censorship-related articles ANN has been posting lately. You'll have a white conservative version of Akihiro Otani running around blaming pedophilia on loli / anime in general.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
skyler25



Joined: 28 Jun 2008
Posts: 59

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:07 pm Reply with quote
dangerwhat wrote:
Panda Man wrote:
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
So does this mean Second Term is gonna be a full 12 episode TV series? I'm confused. 1 episode ships with the manga, then what?


I think it will be 6 to 10. But, it all depends on how many the put on the other volumes. Either way, more Kodomo no Jikan is good to me. Still wish a U.S. release would happen. I was expecting Media Blasters to pick it up for a sub only release, but that hasn't happened. I mean, its not like its porn, it actually isn't bad at all if you are 16 or so. I wouldn't recommend for younger people though.


I'll take your word for it, having not seen it myself - and it doesn't sound like something I'd especially want to see anyhow. Its popularity really is interesting though. Something about the plot and its execution must really jive with a set of the Japanese audience.


Then you should read the manga first; in my opinion, the anime ruined it. How can you stick 42 (ongoing) chapters into 6 episodes? The manga, I think, a little bit heavier on the fanservice, but to make up for that, it's heavier on the emotional development of the characters and the plot too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
championferret



Joined: 15 Jan 2004
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:08 am Reply with quote
...the picture scares me because somehow the girls look like they have abs or something.

But it also excites me because of the uncoloured nendoroid in the bottom corner. x3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Tyrenol



Joined: 13 Sep 2005
Posts: 398
Location: Northern California

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:51 am Reply with quote
Panda Man wrote:
I think it will be 6 to 10. But, it all depends on how many the put on the other volumes. Either way, more Kodomo no Jikan is good to me. Still wish a U.S. release would happen. I was expecting Media Blasters to pick it up for a sub only release, but that hasn't happened. I mean, its not like its porn, it actually isn't bad at all if you are 16 or so. I wouldn't recommend for younger people though.


MB's John Sirabella "doesn't wanna go to jail over" girls under US legal age sexually teasing and talking about the nasty.

You shouldn't risk it either. Get used to it. Deal with it. Watch some anime-cosplay sex-orz and de-gutter your mind a bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Mohawk52



Joined: 16 Oct 2003
Posts: 7376
Location: England, UK

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:21 am Reply with quote
I hope this never leaves the shores of Japan. Just looking at that cover makes me ashamed to be an anime and manga fan, and wanting to take a shower to wash off the stench. Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group