• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Castle of Cagliostro on Blu-ray.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:42 am Reply with quote
Not 100% sure what is actually going on since I don't speak japanese, but I think the Japanese Castle of Cagliostro Blu-Ray topped the amazon.co.jp pre-orders:

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/arank/

Can't wait until december and getting my copy Very Happy
EricDent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quote
Why not just get the Disney DVD version that was put out a couple of years ago? Since you can't understand what is going on, you would be wasting your $.

I am sure they will bring out a Blu-Ray DVD from Disney sometime in the future. Just be a bit patient, in the mean time, you will be enjoying one of the best anime movies ever, with Subtitles (and dubbed if you want).
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:15 am Reply with quote
EricDent wrote:
Why not just get the Disney DVD version that was put out a couple of years ago? Since you can't understand what is going on, you would be wasting your $.

I am sure they will bring out a Blu-Ray DVD from Disney sometime in the future. Just be a bit patient, in the mean time, you will be enjoying one of the best anime movies ever, with Subtitles (and dubbed if you want).

1. The Japanese Bluray contains either English subtitles, an English dubtrack, or both/variations.

2. The DVD put out by Manga Ent contains an edited opening sequence and also, is not put out by Disney. Plus it suffers from the same disadvantages DVD has against Bluray, subsequently-

3. Manga Ent for the most part couldn't figure out how to do a halfway decent DVD, so I wouldn't trust them with Bluray either.

It would call for incredibly rare circumstances for someone to buy the DVD of something over a Bluray, considering said person is keen on buying the Bluray anyway, cost or not .
TMBounty_Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:36 pm Reply with quote
Once you experience HD you can never go back to SD. Buying a DVD over BD would be extremely silly.

The fact that this is a Japanese BD release with no english dub or sub is not a problem since it's still Region A, and even though I have very little knowledge of the spoken language, I've seen the movie so many times I have the subtitles pretty much memorized.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1