• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the worst anime you know of?

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:17 am Reply with quote
Samurai Showdown the Motion Picture and Fushigi Yuugi: Eikoden.

With Samurai Showdown being only available in English and NO Japanese audio, put it together with a bad dub, and you get a trip back to Gamestop for a full refund.

Fushigi Yuugi: Eikoden was a bad way to end the entire series. Too short, annoying girl antagonist who is more annoying than Miaka ever was, and a silly story too.

I like Escaflowne the Movie though... Razz.
Lone Wolf and Cub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:24 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Samurai Showdown the Motion Picture and Fushigi Yuugi: Eikoden.

With Samurai Showdown being only available in English and NO Japanese audio, put it together with a bad dub, and you get a trip back to Gamestop for a full refund.

Fushigi Yuugi: Eikoden was a bad way to end the entire series. Too short, annoying girl antagonist who is more annoying than Miaka ever was, and a silly story too.

I like Escaflowne the Movie though... Razz.

Completely agreed on both Samurai Showdown, and Fushigi Yuugi Tony. I, much like you took my copy of Samurai Showdown back for a full refund after watching it once.

Eikoden was just such a let down to such a good series. It left a bad taste in my mouth, and kept me from loving it for years to come.

As for Escaflowne, to each his own my friend. But in my opinion that movie is not even good as a stand alone movie with no series to tie it to. I saw it before I saw the series, and I still hated it then. Too much weird blah to me, but oh well. I'm weird, because I am one of the few people on these forums that actually likes Gundam Wing, so don't take my opinion too seriously Wink

~LoneWolf
AoFRyo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:25 am Reply with quote
Evangelon i hate it with a passion, i could not watch the first volume of it, to much hype for it and i payed the price for watching it.
Onmyoji

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 5:00 am Reply with quote
For me it's the most recent anime i've seen and that would be Dragon Drive. There are no words to describe how just horribly bad this anime is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
xxmiyuxx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:56 am Reply with quote
AoFRyo wrote:
Evangelon i hate it with a passion, i could not watch the first volume of it, to much hype for it and i payed the price for watching it.

In defence of Evangelion, one of my personal fav's.....

You really have to watch the first few episode (preferable 6+) to grasp the story in it. I never base my judgements off one the first couple of episodes alone because things take time to get going.That holds true for just about all the anime's out there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Torka

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 11:35 am Reply with quote
Martin Mystery, It is a complete Scooby-Doo ripoff. The main "hero" is Johnny Bravo mixed with Fred from SD. So he tries to hit on chicks and it's really annoying. Mad It a lame show so stay away from it! Exclamation
Amibite

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:48 pm Reply with quote
Martin Mystery isn't anime, it's from France.

Same with Totally Spies and Code Lyoko.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Tekken is indeed horrible. another piece of crap is Apocolipse Zero. also, most hentai sucks
YUGI

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Naruto and full metal alcheimest horrible
AHZ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Legato666 wrote:
Lupin The III

...Those who disrespect Lupin III must pay...

Anyways, I wasn't really fond of Duel Masters. The only thing missing from that show was a little, yellow electric mouse...or a millenium item (hint, hint--wink, wink).

P.S.

...those who disrespect Lupin III must pay.
Proman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Legato666 wrote:
Lupin The III

Are you serious Evil or Very Mad ? This is one of the greatest anime shows ever!
[MAD]NaRu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote
YUGI wrote:

I can see why people may hate Naruto because it starting to turn out like another DBZ (which I hate). I like Naruto because of the storyline. The animation drawings of the series are bad. I have seen much better. but Full metal alcheimest? I love that series. What was wrong with that series?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Lasco

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:02 pm Reply with quote
fist of the north star (movie) haven't watched series, but also dont really want to
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:08 pm Reply with quote
YUGI wrote:

Again. If you're going to say a well-loved series (two in this case) is horrible, it's a really good idea to say WHY you think that. Not bashing your opinion, but saying something like "The Best Anime of 2003 sucks!" is best explained before other people drill you into the ground on the basis of anime subculture heresy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kanae

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Hm... I gotta say Pokemon, partially because it's just terrible in and of itself, but also because it's so popular, especially with kids, that it gives the entire genre a bad reputation. All of my family used to think that it was typical of the genre, and in fact my sister-in-law went on a spiel about how anime was competition for Disney and the American children's-movie industry. It took me forever to get it into their heads that anime's really an adult genre (showed them Trust & Betrayal and Blood: the Last Vampire, and that helped quite a bit).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 14