• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What's the worst anime you know of?

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arkard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I just spent 10 mins reading through this entire thread, and I am surprised that I'll be the first to mention Air Master

now how in the world did i miss that one?
And after I gave it 3/10 on my website?
Air Master is a piece of garbage! Dont throw away your precious time on checking it up. It would be a total loss.
From the beggining this anime looked suspicious.
First thing - the unlikely situations and super human powers. No matter what you are on, a person CANNOT jump 3 meters high from the spot! I am sure we saw crazier stunts in other anime but they were performed by aliens/cyborgs/robots etc. And in Air Master the characters are supposed to be human. Terrible. Oh yeah, and I am fairly sure you cannot climb a building using only jump techniques.
Second - the characters look crappy! Many of them are out of propotions, and I hate to say it but some of them look like total rip-offs of other anime. Not only that, there wasnt one style of the characters. For example, there is the main character who looks "normal" (if by normal you mean a japanese girl over 2 m high) and there is this kid that looks like she was drawn by O. Tezuka.
Third - the crappiest plot you ever saw.
ksb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 7:52 pm Reply with quote
I thought they were similar because of the mechs. My bad. (I'm so disapointed through that alot of anime fans dislike gundam seed. Crying or Very sad )
Alchemist449

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Amibite wrote:

FMA
-Killing people off for no reason
-Starts to go downhill after episode 20
-Derives way too much from the manga

Anime IS a kiddy genre, though. 85% of anime is aimed for young kids. Naruto, One Piece, FMA, Digimon, etc.

yeah, well Mr. how could it be a kiddy show if they kill people off for no reason.

Naruto is targeted less at little kids and more at Teens mostly becaus of the obvius acceptance of death and violence. Please watch anime with an open mind before you post stuff like that.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Alchemist449 wrote:
yeah, well Mr. how could it be a kiddy show if they kill people off for no reason.

Naruto is targeted less at little kids and more at Teens mostly becaus of the obvius acceptance of death and violence. Please watch anime with an open mind before you post stuff like that.

Naruto's also a "kiddy" show. Y'see, Japan's a little less squeamish about depicting death and bloody violence in children's entertainment than this side of the world is. Just because someone dies or there's blood or there's an occasional perverted joke does not make the series as a whole "mature" or "adult." It's more based on who the overall tone of the series is meant to appeal to. In Naruto's case, the story of a twelve-year old ninja trying to be the bestest ninja in the whole wide world is going to appeal more to a younger crowd than to the teen or adult audiences. Doesn't mean the show cannot be enjoyed by older viewers (otherwise the occasional perverse joke likely wouldn't be there), but it's still very much aimed at the kids & tweens.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Innotech

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Ash-Pokemon-Trainer wrote:
what about Trouble Chocolate? the name speaks for itself

dear me, that show does SUCK.
I saw about 5 eps of it, and while a lot of the characters are cute, it fails to be an Excel clone, it fails to be interesting, and it fails to even be eye candy. One hting it does excel at is being extremely funny at times, which prevents me from writing it off completely. But Id never buy it unless I had a ton of money to waste.
Iria51

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 2:39 pm Reply with quote
ksb wrote:
I thought they were similar because of the mechs. My bad. (I'm so disapointed through that alot of anime fans dislike gundam seed. Crying or Very sad )

I actually like Gundam Seed. I have only seen about 15 episodes so far but I like what I've seen so far. I liked the character designs, but it took a little time for me to get used to them. I love mecha shows and space operas, so that's a given. And, it has a pretty good and involved story. As far as where it may rank along with the other gundam series in the Mobile Suit Gundam universe? The older series are the better series in my opinion. Still, Gundam Seed isn't as bad as it's made out to be.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:00 pm Reply with quote
ksb wrote:
(I'm so disapointed through that alot of anime fans dislike gundam seed. Crying or Very sad )

I'm wondering where all this "it's confusing" talk comes from, personally. It's quite straightforward with the exception of a few dangling plot points (that are hopefully going to be covered in Destiny, spoiler[like the SEED ability itself]).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kainzero

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I'm wondering where all this "it's confusing" talk comes from, personally.

haha, makes me laugh. i don't understand how seed is too complicated and confusing. after watching it, it looks like a kids show to me.
beverins

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I think Gundam Seed is one of the best Gundam shows I have ever seen, including Zeta Gundam and Stardust Memory. I think what a lot of people hate about it is that the artist draws all the characters alike. He has a distinctive style, but its a little too distinctive when it becomes hard to tell characters apart.

Trust me, y'all say Seed is bad...? Naah. You haven't seen real suckage until you have witnessed the glory of M.D. Geist parts 1 and 2. And then, once you've reconciled that you will never be getting that hour or so of your life back, you can witness the misery of Dog Soldier. Both titles are from US Manga in case you felt like wasting money, and those Hello Kitty handkerchief holders are all sold out.

After seeing those two anime, you will come crying back to Gundam Seed, saying "take me back, I did not deserve thee!"
TheDoom

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 5:49 pm Reply with quote
Apacolypse Zero.
McD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 6:24 pm Reply with quote
Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist Kingdom (dubbed version) :shudders: Otherwise I pretty much like teh dubbed Yu-Gi-Oh! (though I am looking forward to teh uncut DVD's)
TF

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:25 am Reply with quote
what is it you dislike of duellist kingdom, i've seen it and thought it was OK, except for the fact i had to learn all those new cards again Razz
abunai
Old Regular

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 4:11 am Reply with quote
Arkard wrote:
Quote:
I just spent 10 mins reading through this entire thread, and I am surprised that I'll be the first to mention Air Master

now how in the world did i miss that one?
And after I gave it 3/10 on my website?
Air Master is a piece of garbage!

Whoa, Nelly! Such harsh words.

Personally I like Air Master. Why, you ask?
(Well, you didn't - but this is rhetoric, and I'm allowed)

Well,for one thing, you're taking it seriously. It's not meant to be taken seriously - it's comedy. The best thing I can compare it to is Sakigake! Cromartie High School, although that's a poor comparison, since they go about their humour in completely different ways.

Air Master is a colossal sendup of fight anime - and it succeeds very well at it. Now, if you've only seen a few episodes, then that may not be very evident - initially, the story is served up "straight-faced". But as the story progresses, it becomes more and more evident that the makers of Air Master aren't being very serious, at all.

And I, for one, found it hilarious.

- abunai
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 14 of 14