• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wolf's Rain: number of DVDs

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:57 am Reply with quote
does anyone know how many dvds Wolfs Rain is gonna be? most Bandai releases are 6 DVD for 26 episodes, but since wolfs rain is 30, are they gonna have an extra DVD, or just put 5 episodes on each disk?
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 6:18 am Reply with quote
5 episode on the first DVD. We're gonna have to wait and see how many episode the third dvd will hold before we can assume anything.
UberTai

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 12:15 pm Reply with quote
I would predict about 6 DVDs. Bandai usually gives series with 24-26 episodes that many releases.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shorty22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking that they might do what Geneon did with Chobits. Release the series on 6 DVDs and then have a 7th DVD of just the recap episodes.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 3:28 am Reply with quote
It's definately 7 discs. I got my artbox for the series today and filled it up with a total of 7 DVDs.

I just hope they release the second OST as well... Confused.
darkhunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Want to get Wolf's Rain DVD1 + the Box for 11 dollar? Purchase the Limited editon at Deepdiscount for 36. Sell the Plushie that comes with it on ebay for 20 dollar + 3 dollar ship (this is how much it's going for on ebay). Sell the soundtrack for 5 dollar ship. Final Price 11 dollar for the DVD and box. A friend of mine just did this because he didn't care for the extra.
demon_kinsin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 9:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm exspecting 7 or 8
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
It's definately 7 discs. I got my artbox for the series today and filled it up with a total of 7 DVDs.

Damn, you beat me to it Tony. Laughing

You know you can get the Wolf's Rain O.S.T. 2 legit on Amazon, but it's not cheap.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00013YSZY/qid=1093914392/sr=ka-2/ref=pd_ka_2/002-1384621-0899236

Still, I'm also hoping it's brought to the U.S. so I'm spending 15.00 on it rather then 50.00. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
RedvsBlue

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2004 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Also, If it's being released with 7 discs, It's safe to assume the recap episodes will be included and on the 7th disc we should have our 4 episode OVA.

Hope that clears up any confusion as to what's going to be released with the boxset.

I'm really hoping Bandai does something similar to what they did with .hack as those special editions really were worth every cent.

One can only hope. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1