• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - August 23rd - 29th

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
High fantasy action, with chicks brandishing mythical spears about! Yeah!!! I'll definitely be watching.

Really? Is it like that?

Well then I guess I will be watching too. Smile Twisted Evil

Quote:
so Sci Fi makes a (noble) attempt to replace it with the fun-but-overexposed Read or Die OAV series. I give it a C-, instead of the usual B+.

What did you think of the TV series?

Just curious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quote
NO GURREN LAGANN OR NOW AND THEN, HERE AND THERE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 8?!?! THAT'S IT, SCIFI, I'M NOT PROMOTING YOU ANYMORE! RARRRRRRRR!!!!

And lol at your Naruto stuff, Brian.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:20 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
NO GURREN LAGANN OR NOW AND THEN, HERE AND THERE UNTIL SEPTEMBER 8?!?! THAT'S IT, SCIFI, I'M NOT PROMOTING YOU ANYMORE! RARRRRRRRR!!!!

And lol at your Naruto stuff, Brian.

Don't fret. If we compare to Adult Swim, I'll guess that TTGL is on break as a dubbing hiatus, since it's a bleeding-edge dub like AS usually gets. And maybe they're taking out NaTHaT for both weeks because they've been airing them together.

I loved the ROD OVA last time it was on AniMonday, I can't wait to see it again.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheVok

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quote
Quote:
sheepishly asks the Order of the Black Knights

(must ... resist urge ... to reference Monty Python and the Holy Grail!!!)
Full_Metal1923

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm a bit worried about the lack of YTV listings this weel. Last week, it was kind of odd due ot retro week on the channel, DBZ managed to get a surprise appearence, and the two Armitage movies aired again on Teletoon during the week as well. The fact nothing's there, is either because there was difficulty in obtaining the listings - or that this Saturday evening is going to be really boring ofr me. >_>
Ladara7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:07 pm Reply with quote
According to my on-screen tv guide, there is zero anime on YTV this week. Lets hope its just on hiatus. And to think YTV used to be my main source for anime but now it seems to be slowly fading away. Good thing I still have some DVDs to watch.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Sci Fi, this whole two week haitus BETTER be because Bandai asked for it.

If I ever find out that you delayed it because you wanted to extend the timeframe it'd be airing in, you WILL feel my wrath.

Not a huge loss to me though, I borrow my friends subbed DVD's (The official ones with the 2-disc, nine episode per box releases, not a fansub) and I'll be satisfied for now. I still wanna see how the dub works out.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
God forbid Adult Swim even advertize Moribito. It's no wonder their anime doesn't do as well in the ratings as their crappy budgetless "comedies".
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:52 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
God forbid Adult Swim even advertize Moribito.

Yipes, hadn't even realized new stuff was coming out. With all the reaps & pre-emptions lately, it's not like that had any comparable content to cross-market in ... not that the lack of anime to promote more anime is excusable though. Off to add another season pass I guess (and make sure the cable cards haven't randomly decided to stop working again.)

Quote:
Here, the Bakugan gang tests their mettle against the head of the Masquerade (the evil fictional organization, not the Cosplay contest you stand in line all day for).

There's a difference now? Stop reading your emails for a week and things go all screwy (not quite MB releasing dubs, BV releasing low price volumes, or anyone releasing BDs levels of screwy mind ya.)
slickwataris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
God forbid Adult Swim even advertize Moribito. It's no wonder their anime doesn't do as well in the ratings as their crappy budgetless "comedies".

There was a Moribito ad before Tim and Eric last Sunday. The standard anime fails-why do we bother-sky is falling rant.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Primus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Ladara7 wrote:
According to my on-screen tv guide, there is zero anime on YTV this week. Lets hope its just on hiatus. And to think YTV used to be my main source for anime but now it seems to be slowly fading away. Good thing I still have some DVDs to watch.

Don't you know Anime on Canadian TV is Dead? YTV picked up Blue Dragon to air in Bionix, that was their only pick up for the block in terms of anime. Did I mention it's still on Saturdays? Yeah, Anime on TV here is dead.

Tonight is either the Avatar Finale marathon, or the InuYasha movie marathon, one of those two, or one happens next week.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:19 pm Reply with quote
slickwataris wrote:
The standard anime fails-why do we bother-sky is falling rant.

Was that the ad, or is that what you are telling penguin? Question
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
slickwataris wrote:
The standard anime fails-why do we bother-sky is falling rant.

Was that the ad, or is that what you are telling penguin? Question

It's the ad. I haven't seen it myself, but, as it was pointed out by Top Gun in the Moribito thread, it seems that [as] realizes that the show is worth airing even though they know that it'll fail in the ratings department.

Does one need to have watched the ROD TV series to watch the OVA?
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Ah, I see. Thank you.

braves wrote:
Does one need to have watched the ROD TV series to watch the OVA?

Nope, actually your supposed to watch the OVA first. And I highly recommend you do.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:49 am Reply with quote
Brian Hanson wrote:
Check back next week for something so incredibly unusual, you might charter a flight to Tucson just to slap the crap out of me. Bye for now!

Now why would I charter a flight to Tucson when I already live there? Wink

I'm interested to see what this "incredibly unusual" thing will be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2