• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Networks To Sell Bleach Guitars in Japan

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quote
Wow! Guitars? Awesome! I bet my friend is gonna like this! Very Happy
darcerin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:40 am Reply with quote
I love to learn how to play an electric guitar, but they priced them at around $400 (give or take with the currency ups and downs these days) each, so I don't think I'll be getting one. Razz Very nice though.
icepick314

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:40 am Reply with quote
where are GH and RB versions?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
TheTheory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:34 am Reply with quote
Those look... lame. If I saw a band try to use them I'd probably laugh at them. They should have taken a regular guitar design-- like this:

and worked with that. Although really, once you start adding anime designs I suspect that any guitar becomes significantly less cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
halo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
Those look... lame. If I saw a band try to use them I'd probably laugh at them. They should have taken a regular guitar design-- like this:

It's a Fernades ZO-3 which is probably more common in Japan. Especially for being a Fernandes for under 100,000 yen and not needing an external amplifier. RHCP Dave Navarro likes his (his is probably a Nomad).

Fernandes is one of the bigger names in Japanese guitars if not the biggest. At one point their Fender knock-offs were considered to be superior to the crap Fender was building at the time. They still make some damn good instruments.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Seems like an interesting concept. I don't like the shape of the body though... and the neck looks short (could be the picture). Wonder if there is anything on the flip-side?

TheTheory wrote:
Although really, once you start adding anime designs I suspect that any guitar becomes significantly less cool.

This really depends on the image the band is trying to portray. You wouldn't see the image of a cute little school girl on some metal band's guitars, but you might on some band that is going for geek pride or whatnot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quote
They'd probably get more sales off guitar hero guiters based on Bleach
TheTheory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:33 pm Reply with quote
Leon Evolon wrote:
TheTheory wrote:
Although really, once you start adding anime designs I suspect that any guitar becomes significantly less cool.

This really depends on the image the band is trying to portray. You wouldn't see the image of a cute little school girl on some metal band's guitars, but you might on some band that is going for geek pride or whatnot.

ha. fair enough. Yeah, I could totally see (say) Devo rockin' an anime guitar.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mufurc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:47 pm Reply with quote
TheTheory wrote:
Those look... lame. If I saw a band try to use them I'd probably laugh at them.

I have a feeling that they're not really targeting bands with these... Rolling Eyes These guitars are probably meant for teenagers and hobby-guitarists who are fans of the franchise. And for that, they look pretty cool IMO.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:03 am Reply with quote
I'm kinda surprised Bleach was the one to get themed guitars. If any anime were to get themed guitars, I'd have expected FLCL to get some first.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:48 am Reply with quote
The shipping on this would be crazy, but I kind of want to expand out of acoustic. <---and im not really good at that, but making more noise sounds like a plus.

But i'm torn between the death and strawberry , and the kon one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Top Gun

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:18 pm Reply with quote
The Fire Soul model seems sufficiently metal.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:38 pm Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
I'm kinda surprised Bleach was the one to get themed guitars. If any anime were to get themed guitars, I'd have expected FLCL to get some first.

FLCL used real guitars, did it not?
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Monster in a box wrote:
RogueJedi86 wrote:

FLCL used real guitars, did it not?

The show did, but I mean in terms of merchandise, like these Bleach guitars. FLCL guitars could be awesome. Canti Guitar, Atomsk Guitar, Haruko Guitar? I'd want one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mufurc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:21 am Reply with quote
RogueJedi86 wrote:
The show did, but I mean in terms of merchandise, like these Bleach guitars. FLCL guitars could be awesome. Canti Guitar, Atomsk Guitar, Haruko Guitar? I'd want one.

But then, Bleach is a bit more popular than FLCL... (I don't suppose anyone really remembers FLCL anymore in Japan.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2