• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kiddy Grade: is it worth it?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:19 am Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
Ken Hayashi wrote:
If I remember correctly, the show was produced by Gonzo wasn't it? .

Yup it was. As to your other Q, I haven't finished it so I can't really say, but I can say that things start going crazy (in a good sense) pretty quickly. It doesn't seem rushed so far at least.

Thanks for your comments, all of you.

I can't find the boxed set here. I've seen the first 4 episodes bundled together and sold. But I think they are just trying to rip the buyers off. I'm holding back till I can find the complete series on DVD or the boxed set.
Daigo901

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote
IS there such a thing as a KG box set??

Last edited by Daigo901 on Wed Jul 14, 2004 5:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Daigo901

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:38 pm Reply with quote
I mean KG Rolling Eyes
Nagisa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 1:42 pm Reply with quote
It hasn't even been fully released in individual volumes. Wait until a few months after volume eight's release to expect anything in the way of a box.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Daigo901 wrote:
I mean KG :roll:

You can click the EDIT button above a post and fix typos like this. ^_~
Anime_Gurl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:05 pm Reply with quote
Yes they are eventually going to release a kiddy grage box set, and the show is by far one of the best anime's i've seenif you like action and comedy and girls fighting all the time Anime smile........But the bad thing is that there are only 24-26 episodes...But other than that it's by far the second best anime I like hehe
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ZahmiraV

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:20 pm Reply with quote
I absolutly love this series, but everyone I've shown it to has hated it. And I've shown it to a lot of people...

Non of them could be considered real anime fans, they just wait to see what I bring them. Most of the time they like it. This is the first anime I've shown them that they haven't liked...

I still think it's worth buying. I have the first 2 DVDs plus the box.
Anime_Gurl

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:24 pm Reply with quote
Well don't that suck how can they not like it, well i guess everyone has a different taste in anime, all the people i have shown like it, i've gotten all the dvd's that cam out so far plus the box too heh, and can't wait till the 27th, the new one comes out......
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kainzero

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2004 11:55 pm Reply with quote
i liked it, but then again, i'm actually kinda weird.

i mostly watched it because eclair was hot... or at least that's why i sat through the first 11-12 episodes.

then the plot gets all weird. in the end, it still doesn't make any sense, but it was still fun. i really liked the character designs =P
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:37 am Reply with quote
Waiting ....... waiting ....... waiting ....... for a boxed set to be available in Singapore ....... Zzzzzzzz .......
Anime_Gurl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 11:39 am Reply with quote
You know it's just better to buy the dvd's instead of waiting for th box set,because it's going to take about 4 or 5 months for them to release the box set.First they have to finish the series then they will release the box set, so it's just better to buy the dvd's you wil be ahead thats for sure...........
Shorty22

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Some people like to wait for a box set because then they can 1. get the entire series at one time, 2. probably save a few dollars since box sets are generally cheaper than all the individual dvds together, and/or 3. get a pretty box for the series.

And then others wait for reason 2 to pick up the series because they liked the series, but didn't LOVE it enough to drop the extra money/NEED to buy each individual dvd asap. Wink
Anime_Gurl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess thats true, heh but i already got the box and all i have to do is just put the dvd's in there....and there ya go a BOX SET!!!!!
Ken Hayashi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:49 pm Reply with quote
The problem I face here in Singapore is sometimes an anime is released halfway and then dropped so you end up with the first few episodes or something and you can't find the rest. Like what happened when I was buying BGC: 2040. It got dropped after episode 22 and I had to buy the rest of it on DVD from Australia.

So my best gaurantee is to wait till the boxed set is released and buy that. Most of my anime are boxed sets. I did once wait till the whole of Gasaraki was released and bought the bundled discs (all 24 of them, video compact discs, they're a more popular format here than DVD) but that's because I made a special arrangement with the video store to keep the individual discs for me and I had to pay a premium and a deposit up front.

Edit:

Heh heh heh. Bought Kiddy Grade last week and started watching it this morning. Finished 4 episodes, and it's exactly like everybody said. A little boring until the pace picks up later.

However, my opinions so far are that:

1. The music is kickass good. Especially the closing theme. Damn good rhythm section, especially the snare drums.

2. The animation is very good (what did you expect eh?). The way Armblast was drawn is reminiscent of shoujo anime, slightly effiminate. The CGI is great. Of course it is, it's by GONZO.

3. Plot wise, the first 4 episodes were a quite "jumpy" if you know what I mean. It just goes from place to place with rather little semblence of continuity.

4. Quite a light-hearted series so far, although I've only seen 4 episodes. I don't forsee myself watching it over and over again like I did Full Metal Panic or Ai Yori Aoshi. It's not as compelling as a good romance story like AYA and not interesting enough like FMP with it's multitude of themes like mecha, romance, action, comedy all lumped into one series.

I was torn between watching AYA again, starting with Rahxephon (which I knew would take me a long time to finish and understand) or watching KG. In the end I decided to start with KG and get it over with so I can move on to Rahxephon. Then I took a peek at Rahxephon (first 2 episodes) and decided yea, I should continue with KG and leave Rahxephon for later, much later.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2