• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo reports

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kade139

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:33 pm Reply with quote
How come they said Saikano would be done over 7 discs. Its a 13 episode series, why 7 ? Thats 2 episodes per disc and one episode on the last one. Is that a error or is Viz selling this series for like $20 a dvd or less ? I haven't been to a dvd store or any or seen the dvds themselves yet.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Methnks they are talking about the Manga, not the Anime, which will be four discs.
Raoh

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Yes, they where talking about the manga, the anime dvds have, I believe, four episodes each. The second disc comes out tomorrow.

I'm interested in hearing how the Flame of Recca dub sounds. Though I was a bit disappointed at how it ended so abruptly, I still make pick this one up for my collection.

I will, of course, be adding the season 1 and movie dvds of Inu Yasha. Very Happy
GATSU

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 6:37 am Reply with quote
Viz was being a bunch of c**k-teasers by showing an anime clip of Hikaru No Go at their booth, but only to "promote the manga".
animaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Yeah I want to get the dvds and finish the series (saikano) scared the hell out of me their being only 1-2 eps per dvd, at least three but I'm glad to hear that. I am interested in the manga as well, so if each is equal to one to two eps its what a 7-13 issue manga?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anti-Mainstreamist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:03 pm Reply with quote
The biggest thing for me in this article is the Inu-Yasha Movie screenings. I am a subscriber to Viz's SHONEN JUMP magazine, but with the information from the ad in issue #20 and this article, I don't know much. I am very confused, and I know I want to see Affections Touching Across Time when it hits Atlanta.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 2:07 pm Reply with quote
The Saikano DVD was announced way back on TRSI to only run for 4 volumes. And no not 4 episodes each. The last should be a 3 to 3 deal. If you check Viz's site they have the set up laid out. 13 is not a even number.

http://www.saikano-usa.com/anime/index.php

The volumes are set up at a release of 7

http://www.saikano-usa.com/manga/index.php

I don't know why companies can't be consistent when it comes to putting down the right info. The info is right on the site but yet the distributors always have the wrong listing of how many episodes a DVD is supposed to contain.

Hope this helps.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 4:23 pm Reply with quote
This looks like the wrong link for the More Anime Expo Panel Reports thread. Also, when I clicked on the new Tokyopop announcement in there, it led to a 4 year old thread...
xxmiyuxx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:58 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
This looks like the wrong link for the More Anime Expo Panel Reports thread. Also, when I clicked on the new Tokyopop announcement in there, it led to a 4 year old thread...

Yeah I got that too.......
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
KaidoYuji8Shinji-kun

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:47 pm Reply with quote
Just wanted to let you guys know that you are still missing a Panel Report:
FUNimation
You did say some news, and licenses, but nothing to the extent of a report.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:42 pm Reply with quote
KaidoYuji8Shinji-kun wrote:
Just wanted to let you guys know that you are still missing a Panel Report:
FUNimation
You did say some news, and licenses, but nothing to the extent of a report.

Ahh yes, big oops on our part (or rather my part), it seems that the FUNi report was never written. I just now sat through my recording of the panel and wrote the report and I'm just waiting for Lance to verify the facts. As soon as he gets back to me (tonight I hope, tomorrow if not) I'll post it.

-t
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1