• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Toei Animation Adds Anime to Crunchyroll Website Today

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFBTG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:30 pm Reply with quote
No, why Digimon Adventures 02? The first season was far superior (and the one that logic would dictate to be put up), and Tamers was far superior than that. If any seasons should have been put up, it should have been either the first or the third, not the second. I'm hoping that they'll put those up there, too. I would love to see them again, and crunchyroll has some pretty good quality.
LordPrometheus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Screw crunchyroll, why the heck can't they just release them all on R1 DVD already??? It's ridiculous that after 10 years, I still can't get a legal R1 set of ANY Digimon seasons. Mad
Chrno2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Man, every time I turn around someone is putting stuff on 'Crunchyroll's site.
wilson_x1999

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Fist of the North Star FTW! Very Happy
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quote
FailBoat has come to collect Toei animation, for the crime of Region Bock Clocking.
malik_chan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quote
DFBTG wrote:
No, why Digimon Adventures 02? The first season was far superior (and the one that logic would dictate to be put up), and Tamers was far superior than that. If any seasons should have been put up, it should have been either the first or the third, not the second. I'm hoping that they'll put those up there, too. I would love to see them again, and crunchyroll has some pretty good quality.

Yes, because your opinion is fact and Digimon 02 is the crappiest Digimon season ever. Please. Keep your whining to yourself lest you start wank.

Ah, Digimon 02! Now I don't have to rely on YouTube for inferior quality episodes! Though, I wonder if it'll be in Japanese or dubbed? I can't stand Ken's Japanese voice, I think he sounds rather perverted with it.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:56 pm Reply with quote
malik_chan wrote:
Ah, Digimon 02! Now I don't have to rely on YouTube for inferior quality episodes! Though, I wonder if it'll be in Japanese or dubbed? I can't stand Ken's Japanese voice, I think he sounds rather perverted with it.
What's wrong with Romi "Edward Elric" Paku?

That Said, Digimon 02 was a very "meh" season as far as Digimon is concerned, that lull point between a good start and an awesome Season 3.

The less said of Frontier the better.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:59 pm Reply with quote
ya i like to see digimon on dvd but it on of those thing that wont happen but it still go that i can watch it again
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quote
firedragon54738 wrote:
ya i like to see digimon on dvd but it on of those thing that wont happen but it still go that i can watch it again
I'd settle for the dub...
spimmy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote
gg toei

Sorry, this video is not available in your region... Sad
ConanSan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
spimmy wrote:
gg toei

Sorry, this video is not available in your region... Sad
I know, i meen our Pound is failing but it's still woth 1.5 times the amount to the dollar.

And Toei is all about the big green...
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, guys. If you really want to view the videos, there are ways of getting around the regional blocking. I won't bring up methods here, but they do exist.

At anyrate, all the videos are subtitles. Unfortunately, the Digimon 02 contain some of the minor issues that were used on the Download to Own service, meaning the use of some dub terms. Seems they just reused the same video, although that's not a big issue. The only issue I had was Digivolve used for Evolve and Digidestined for Choosen Child(ren), but I'll bite since this is probably the only legit release of the series we're going to get, unless Toei chooses to do a DVD release. Which in case, I do hope they correct some of these minor issues.
Kireek

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Man, every time I turn around someone is putting stuff on 'Crunchyroll's site.

Money.
fighterholic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quote
Old school titles here, and it's something Toei knows that they can use to help promote themselves and their series. Not surprising.
Leon Evolon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:28 pm Reply with quote
It's probably more profitable for them to present these series in this manner. No replication cost and a world-wide audience. It may also be a prelude to a DVD release, or it shouldn't be ruled out completely anyway. I'm glad Crunchyroll has cleaned up their act, in a sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4