• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Updates Weekend TV Schedule

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:20 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
Brakus wrote:
midnightshinigami wrote:
How many more times are they going to run Cowboy Bebop? Let the show die already!

I laughed when I saw what the "classic" anime was. Yeah, same old stuff they been showing for years now (sans Code Geass and Morbito).

Well, [as] isn't exactly clamoring to get the rights to air other classic anime shows, so they make do for what they have. I, for one, will never get tired of watching Cowboy Bebop, and as horrid as that timeslot is, it's at a time where people may be flipping through channels finding nothing, and then they land on something comfy to watch. That's why Bebop airs at 4am.

Regardless of how *you* feel about Cowboy Bebop, millions of fans have watched it before and will watch it again. I truly believe that it's earned that "Classic TV" status. Perhaps when the rights for it run out on [as], it'll jump to TV Land to air in the middle of the night.

I, for one, will never watch Cowboy Bebop on [AS] ever again because I already have the DVDs. No sense in watching something on TV that you already own on DVD.

Still, the anime's being aired way too late. Why the hell can't [AS] shove comedy in the graveyard slot? Comedy fans can wait till later to catch their precious shows! (Then again, they MUST be forced to put anime on earlier at gunpoint.)
they probably put their horrid shows earlier so that way the stoners and weed adicts can watch
joshuafer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:50 am Reply with quote
I am really looking forward to FLCL, I hope they finish em off, I was really enjoying it, and then they stopped airing it Sad I would buy it, but it seems kinda expensive. Might have to check out amazon...
Imperialkat

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quote
Yes, this schedule is a major improvement over the last one. It appears that they are experimenting with a non-repeating schedule, though Saturday isn't the night to get results.
Not to beat a dead horse or anything, but why don't they advertise the Saturday block? I know their ads for Sunday aren't that numerous but you're telling me they can't put a single 15-second sopt on after Family Guy or American Dad? They could even put a Bleach or Shin-chan spot on during the Boondocks on Saturday.

These guys are trying, but not really.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quote
Yeah, nice try AS. I'll be more inclined to watch the stuff now but it's still unacceptable.

That and Code Geass needs to come first. Sorry, but if the Bleach fans wanna watch their show bad enough, they'll do it. It's probably the same audience as the Naruto fans, staying up past their bedtimes with the volume cranked down so their parents don't hear them.

But eh, still better than 5 am death slot.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quote
Kyogissun wrote:

That and Code Geass needs to come first. Sorry, but if the Bleach fans wanna watch their show bad enough, they'll do it. It's probably the same audience as the Naruto fans, staying up past their bedtimes with the volume cranked down so their parents don't hear them.

Considering that Code Geass can be watched online at any point during the week, yet Bleach can't, this seems a liiiiitle bit demanding.
tygerchickchibi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:15 am Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:

Still, the anime's being aired way too late. Why the hell can't [AS] shove comedy in the graveyard slot? Comedy fans can wait till later to catch their precious shows! (Then again, they MUST be forced to put anime on earlier at gunpoint.)

I personally believe that it shows late because of the content, especially since Code Geass, Shin Chan and Death Note come on later than Bleach and Moribito...With the other shows just being classic, it is mixed out last, which kind of provides a strange balance since it's already been shown on the site 32501 times in the past few years already.

I want to see Samurai Champloo again. xD
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:05 am Reply with quote
It's a good thing I have a DVR. I can't stay up til midniight just for bleach. UGH, CURSE YOU AS! You over play Robot Chicken as it is!
Kiyomaro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:53 pm Reply with quote
[quote="Brakus"]
Newsflash: Japanese (over-the-air) TV networks mostly air anime late at night, too. There's nowhere else to put them.[quote]

Excepy for Bleach and R2 which has and had(R2) prime-time slots.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4