• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Silent Hill: Downpour Gameplay Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:54 am Reply with quote
To paraphrase Yahtzee, Western developers truly couldn't have missed the point of Silent Hill any more even if they fired in the opposite direction in an entirely different country. The fact 'over 50 weapons' is a selling point in a Silent Hill game pretty much tells you all you need to know about it. If the original team dropped the series, then it's probably best to let it lie dead. Also no Akira Yamaoka.. does anything else really need to be said?
sillyriri

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:09 am Reply with quote
Hmm... now I've watched this, I'm a little more optimistic (70% puzzles, less combat orientated than Homecoming, and seperate difficulty levels for combat and puzzles? Better.), but I won't be getting my hopes up.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 1:31 pm Reply with quote
I love the Japanese Silent Hill games, and I guess I'm one of the few who liked Homecoming too (loved it actually). Origins was ok, but Shattered Memories wasn't great (very short, and it didn't feel at all like a SH game). I for one am looking forward to this game immensely, I think it looks fantastic. Now Book of Memories for Vita on the other hand? F*ck that. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1