• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Bandai Entertainment to Stop Releasing New DVDs, BDs, Manga

Goto page Previous  

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:11 pm Reply with quote
I keep trying to refer back to these articles to see if there's anything I missed about manga being printed... It doesn't look like the manga WILL keep getting printed like the disks, as some sites have listed them as discontinued, and TRSI has already cancelled orders and taking down some listings :/ I'm wondering if it's a safe bet to pick up Code Geass Queen though... The last volume is supposed to be out in March, so I wonder if it JUST made the cut off date or not. I'm thinking like how after Tokyopop shut down, a few releases still trickled out...

Darn, I wish I had more confirmation on this! I'd hate to spend money on the whole series, just to find out that the last volume will NOT be released! But I don't want to wait too long either, to find out that they've all sold out...
population_tire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:09 am Reply with quote
So no Lucky Star vol. 9?
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:31 am Reply with quote
Nope. As the article states, they have ceased production, so if it isn't out and Bandai has it then it's not coming out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
On the plus side though, the remaining digital video disks and manga released might be worth actual money in the future.

A real shame though, but times are changing.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I'm super late on this, but I just got back into anime and manga a few days ago. What's crazy is I watched my first episode of Mobile Suit Gundam today. I enjoyed it. Then I read this. Hopefully I can buy the Bandai DVDs I want before they're gone.

Sad.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Takokujin wrote:
Hopefully I can buy the Bandai DVDs I want before they're gone.

Might want to take advantage of Rightstuf's Bandai sale HERE because it's only good until the 30th! I made sure myself this sale to pick up all my missing Bandai pieces.
Takokujin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Takokujin wrote:
Hopefully I can buy the Bandai DVDs I want before they're gone.

Might want to take advantage of Rightstuf's Bandai sale HERE because it's only good until the 30th! I made sure myself this sale to pick up all my missing Bandai pieces.

I just bought Twin Spica Vol. 1-12 (Complete), so I don't have the money right now.

I just hope this industry/hobby survives in North America.

Poor Gurren Lagann.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 24 of 24