• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll to Simulcast Nisemonogatari Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J3N0V4

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:39 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
Seriously .. this must be one of the lamest statements I've seen for a while! Where on earth do you think these 'professionals' got their experience subbing? CrunchyRoll has certainly employed previous fansubbers in the past.

Yeah and previous fansubbers are not my Nakama ttebayo!
In all seriousness it's just a lack of trust towards pro translators to do a liberal series like the monogatari's
DFBTG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:36 am Reply with quote
I would just like to say: hell yeah! Been looking forward to this for so long, and having a simulcast so I don't have to download it? Awesome.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:48 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
CR uses softsubs and I've seen them use different styles and positions to match the signs. I don't know if their player can do various orientations, transforms and animation (e.g. to match panning).

They can do positioning (although it is tricky unless they have made things easier since Durarara since I remember the translator saying that the chatroom stuff was difficult) but AFAIK not animation.

ScruffyKiwi wrote:
J3N0V4 wrote:
*monogatari is not something that can be translated well by professionals and really needed the fansub treatment.

Seriously .. this must be one of the lamest statements I've seen for a while! Where on earth do you think these 'professionals' got their experience subbing? CrunchyRoll has certainly employed previous fansubbers in the past.

MX Media (now owned by CR) was founded by fansubbers and they certainly still do employ them.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3