• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tenchi OVA 3 Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bakara

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 1:05 am Reply with quote
Does anyone know or have heard rumors when funimation is going to export/subtitle the third OVA series know as Ryo-oki in japan but here as Tenchi muyo? The news about that series has been dead quite since it has been licenced and the torrent links have been taken down on a fan sub site.
one3rd

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:34 am Reply with quote
Isn't it known in Japan as Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki? And if Funi hasn't said anything about the release, then no one probably knows. I would guess winter/spring next year at the earliest.
Nagisa

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:50 am Reply with quote
one3rd wrote:
Isn't it known in Japan as Tenchi Muyo Ryo-Ohki?

Yes, the full title for all three OVAs is Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki, but most people simply call it Tenchi Muyo! (and, of course, all the TV and movie incarnations stuck with that abbreviated version, as well).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:44 pm Reply with quote
There isn't much news so far, the next episode doesn't get released in Japan until Sept if I remember correctly

Last edited by Kazuki-san on Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
LordRobin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Kazuki-san wrote:
There isn't much news so far, the next episode doesn't air in Japan until Sept if I remember correctly

"Air"? Since when does an OVA "air"?

------RM
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:36 pm Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
Kazuki-san wrote:
There isn't much news so far, the next episode doesn't air in Japan until Sept if I remember correctly

"Air"? Since when does an OVA "air"?

There are occasionally OVAs (such as, IIRC, Arcade Gamer Fubuki and Alien 9) that air on Japanese TV as specials on the same day as their DVD release, or shortly thereafter.

The primary factor for labeling these as "OVAs" is that they were intended for a direct-to-video market, but during or after production, the opportunity arose for them to air on TV.

That said, I don't remember hearing about Tenchi OVA 3 airing on Japanese TV, so I suspect it's just a mis-speak referring to the video release date instead.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kazuki-san

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:46 pm Reply with quote
Cookie wrote:

That said, I don't remember hearing about Tenchi OVA 3 airing on Japanese TV, so I suspect it's just a mis-speak referring to the video release date instead.

Yup, I meant release, hadn't had much sleep when I wrote that Embarassed
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1