• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Baby, Please Kill Me! (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dirkusbirkus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:25 am Reply with quote
Right, it's had the obligatory three episodes now. I was looking for improvement but I'm pretty sure it's getting worse every time. I think the moments that did actually make me chuckle (and these were specifically in episodes one and two) were due to the novelty. In the third episode, the novelty has all but vanished.

It's sticking to its recipe pretty exclusively... Yasuna suggests something stupid, Sonya is her 'serious' foil, Yasuna pushes it too far, Sonya beats her up. Garnish with a side order of fake ninjutsu, add Kugi Rie to taste. It's like a friend who said something that made everyone laugh once, so every time you see them they wheel the same joke out again.

Dropped, and I don't feel even remotely bad about doing it.
Beltane70

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:23 am Reply with quote
I laughed more during the third episode than I did during the first two. My only disappointment was that Agiri didn't get more screen time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, did not have this show discussed much. Well it was largely hit and miss with its comedy.

OAV

Been a while since watching the rest of the series, I am not sure if the animation in this was always so minimal in terms of animation. Although not everything is hilarious, I kind of missed wacky style of Kill me Baby, a lot of the gags are short so you get quite a lot of them. The OAV seemed to have a Halloween style and thus threw in a few "scary moments", by that I mean Yasuna trying to spoiler[scare Sonya, and actually managing to at times] due to the surprise stupidity.

But most importantly, which is why I would even write here again, it actually made me laugh until I cried, and that is proof of great comedy. For the record it was towards the end when Yasuna spoiler[pulled together a reject costume together, spat candy creepily to children, and then heard it was apparently the cockroach trick that she was trying to pull on Sonya again]. Laughing Special mention also to Yasuna trying to spoiler[break a concrete block with her teeth because she was told it was the hardest part].

And yet another disguised assassin bit, the one in the series with three Yasuna was one of my favourites. I had the series rated as "Decent", but I might rate this OAV as Good, as I think they made some slight improvements in formulae from an increased pace that worked well.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:48 am Reply with quote
Like SYD and Joshiraku, I wish these comedies could always keep coming back occasionally with a nice boost of their brand of humor. We don't get theses kind of shows every season like we do a harem, a dumb action, a fanservice, and so on.
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote
Great series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ambehr79

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
First anime I've watched just for comedic no-point purposes [Ranma1/2 had fantastic plots] -- and it is awesome. Anime hyper A rather "I don't get it" person when it comes to the majority of my same-age real life humans -- this type of their humor really gets to me. Anime hyper

The only downside is the ninja -- too calm, too misleading, but ehh, I love her physical appearance. Anime hyper

PS: Sonya-chan is a blonde assassin. I mean. . . the hair color just seems to stand out. Anime hyper I love it!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2