• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Need Help Finding TMNT OVA

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pawnsacrifice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:13 am Reply with quote
Does anybody know where I can purchase a legit copy of the Ninja Turtles OVA? I can only find bootleg versions of it on dvd (mostly on ebay). I'm not even sure it was released on dvd in Japan. Please help me!
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:02 am Reply with quote
There's a Ninja Turtles OAV? This is the first I've heard of it and I'm a big fan. Is it original Japanese animation or some of the TV episodes thrown together?

Emerje

EDIT

I looked it up, I recognize it now. I doubt you'll find a legit DVD version of it as it was released in 1996 under little fanfare and is probably long out of print.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
pawnsacrifice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 1:25 am Reply with quote
It is different from what was in the U.S. show. It came out in 1996 and is the source of the dragon armor action figures that were sold in the U.S. Ninjaturtles.com has info on it here and has clips from it here. (Quicktime is needed to view the clips.)

I'm not necessarily looking for a dvd version. A VHS copy would be fine too. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good place to look for it. I'm always open to getting it used if someone knows where I might find it used.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1