• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: AnimEigo Adds Growing Up With Hello Kitty Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Bamble wrote:
MadOverlord wrote:
This title isn't directed at the traditional Anime fan market, of course

And let's face facts, this is exactly why this release can be licensed and released profitably.

In the same respect of facing facts, that is why this is likely going to be done inexpensively, but there still a profit margin. Minimal price, but still profit, behold the power of capitalism.

I mean that in a good way, just to make sure.

Niche markets are sometimes hit or miss, but if your able to find the right niche, the probability of financial success is increased.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Enurtsol: What station would air it though. Ever since Toonami was shut down, Cartoon Network (that I know of) pretty much eradicated all their anime shows and truthfully, I can't ever see this on Adult Swim.

Nick, Nick Jr, Nick Toons, The Hub maybe. Other kids channels in the high triple digits that I'm not familiar with. Laughing
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
It's not like the "dub " will be as strenuous as dubbing Oh My Goddess OVA, or Bubblegum Crisis. HK is all narration, no lip sync necessary, and as MadOverlord wrote this isn't really targetting us. I think that's a smart move for AnimEigo. Best to stay out of it if they still can't handle it and play safe. But I bet if the "dub" gets bad reviews, they,ll just put out subs only and charge an extra $10 on top for the priviledge. Wink
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:55 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Enurtsol: What station would air it though. Ever since Toonami was shut down, Cartoon Network (that I know of) pretty much eradicated all their anime shows and truthfully, I can't ever see this on Adult Swim.

Nick, Nick Jr, Nick Toons, The Hub maybe. Other kids channels in the high triple digits that I'm not familiar with. :lol:

They still air anime? Not sure about The Hub (never heard of it) but I thought I heard Nick dropped Dragon Ball Z Kai or something around those lines some time ago.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:09 pm Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:

Nick, Nick Jr, Nick Toons, The Hub maybe. Other kids channels in the high triple digits that I'm not familiar with. Laughing

They still air anime? Not sure about The Hub (never heard of it) but I thought I heard Nick dropped Dragon Ball Z Kai or something around those lines some time ago.

No. NickToons aired Kai through it's entire run. They've also added DragonBall GT and have aired several of the DBZ movies.
MadOverlord

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Mohawk52 wrote:
It's not like the "dub " will be as strenuous as dubbing Oh My Goddess OVA, or Bubblegum Crisis. HK is all narration, no lip sync necessary, and as MadOverlord wrote this isn't really targetting us. I think that's a smart move for AnimEigo. Best to stay out of it if they still can't handle it and play safe. But I bet if the "dub" gets bad reviews, they,ll just put out subs only and charge an extra $10 on top for the priviledge. Wink

Actually, Kitty, Mimmy, Mama, Papa and all the rest speak in the videos; there is no narration.

They are definitely for young children, so there will be no subtitles.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Not exactly your average licensing announcement on ANN, but considering the juggernaut that is Hello Kitty, I'm sure it'll do great.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3