• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Senki Zesshō Symphogear (TV) (5 seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Ep12 -

I thought this would be the end. Actually, it felt more like a "now wait a season for the conclusion" finale. I haven't checked yet but I sure hope there's another ep left. The story doesn't seem to have enough left to go for another season.

Fantastic episode. Lots and lots of nice ass shots, song, action, badassedness and all around fun times. Youc an really feel the mecha series appeal this time.

The ShirabeXKiri stuff made me smile. That was so sweet. Regardless of how stupid spoiler[Shirabe's form looked]. LOL.

To be truthful I was really glad when they spoiler[got the cane. The noise were nothing but annoying insects this season so the cane was kind of a symbol of annoyance to me]. But such is the complications of a villain who can't fight.

Also, gotta hand it to Ver again. He sentspoiler[ dear old ma TO THE MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!]

Also a conversation spawned so I'll take it here. Considering, say, the Nanoha movies, would you guys say Symphogear might've done well as a pair of movies or remade as a pair of movies later down the road? I doubt it's popular enough (Nanoha and Madoka were a real juggernauts) but ignoring that I think it'd work extremely well. Both plots lend itself well to soaring action and vocal budgets.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I thought this would be the end. Actually, it felt more like a "now wait a season for the conclusion" finale. I haven't checked yet but I sure hope there's another ep left. The story doesn't seem to have enough left to go for another season.

As far as my experience with the first season was concerned, the conclusion was closed pretty well with a nice bow at the end of it.

This second season might not have been the most exciting of the genre by any stretch, but it delivers if all you really wanted was "transforming girls beating the crap out of monsters and (sometimes) each other", something noteworthy though is that Dr Ver just works out so well as the "powerless villain" yet still manages to pull off despicable acts by manipulating the well intended extremists of the series, such a snake of a character that you enjoy to hate for the proper reasons.
Bango

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:27 pm Reply with quote
The first season ended pretty solidly. So solidly that I didn't think there would be an s2.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:00 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 12

last season had 13 episodes, and this series looks to be having the same. That is despite the beginning having the ED music being more of a background sound while the action was happening, and the ending having the OP music to a plain credit role. Both usual for a final episode that this really felt like with the feels and such.

I again loved the song spoiler[fusion fight between Shirabe and Kiri], and while some of it looked a little silly or overdramatic, I loved it anyway. Fine spoiler[even had an appearance in that she did not plan to come back, and saved Shirabe]. With Chris and Tsubasa fight, also good, I had the feeling spoiler[it was kind of an act towards the end], and I found Tsubasa's spoiler[declaration to pull Chris back to where she belonged] as being heartfelt. Got some tears. Lots of fanservice shots this time, I did not even realize Kiri's but looked like that in costume.

Have to wait till next week, I hope they can tie everything up then. It even gives the chance for Ver to do something else crazy, most of these things end with fighting some giant monster. First season ends with saving the dark magical girl from the evil witch mother figure who does practically suicidal attacks, second has them join forces against a giant monster the other team is somewhat responsible for. Although I am basing that entirely off of spoiler[Nanoha]. And thus third season will see Chris and spoiler[her yuri love interest adopting a daughter].
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
Cliffhangers, cliffhangers Shocked

It's about damn time spoiler[Maria took a stance though against that doctor]. I can't stand his face, laugh, or anything about him. The battles were decent I guess. Tsubasa was a star in this episode as well.

I hope this week's finale will end on a good note.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Bango

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
And thus third season will see Chris and spoiler[her yuri love interest adopting a daughter].

I'd PAY to see that role applied to a grown up Shirabe and Kiri. Most freakin METAL kid ever.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Final episode contained tons of awesome. spoiler[Final boss, super modes everywhere, bullet bending, rock punching, True Final Boss, throw down in the Noise dimension, and all of the things explode forever.]
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:32 pm Reply with quote
finally got around to ep 12. so many things happening i feel like I got whiplash.
John Hayabusa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 2:53 am Reply with quote
Senki Zesshou Symphogear G, Episodes 12 and 13.

Well it was a fun ride with this show again. spoiler[I love how the last two episodes almost turned it into a nudefest. It was great to see Fine and Kanade again. In the end, all of the Symphogear girls get a happy ending. Maria actually proves that she is in fact useful as she teams up with others to take down the revived Nephilim. Everyone gets their moment, especially Miku who actually lands the final blow for the girls, saving the world. Ver was really at his best, laughing and breaking down all over the place. I wish Genjuro could have punched him, though. The show ends with Hibiki/Miku and Chris/Tsubasa, as it should.] Now if we can have another season of this awesome show....
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13/Finale
Finally, that damn doctor got what he deserved. It's about time. Ah..the transformations of this finale with everyone getting their roles collected together.

Overall, I rated this decent although I found the whole drama sometimes to be stale to watch. Nice to see a happy ending though~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:02 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 13 (finale)

Should have mentioned last time that the giant monster would end up spoiler[in space], new spoiler[transformations which may include wings], and the final shot spoiler[being by a non fighter].

The spoiler[new transformations coming at the last fight] were pretty sweet, there was a song that spoiler[had everyone in it], and it was just a great end.

The series was a good improvement over the previous season, I do plan on getting some of the songs from this, Symphogear excels at its song. I will rate the series as Very good, don't miss it as despite the clichés, it is a good sequel that can stand on its own with new characters. Not that I say you can watch this before the first one, this was very much to Symphogear what Nanoha A's was to Nanoha (the first season).

I feel like I should say more, but my video of it kept freezing so watching the episode took ages. I am happy I watched this.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:07 am Reply with quote
yet another reason to hate Commie. glad someone finally got to this episode. fantastic show, much better than the first season, cool ending. gets an Excellent
Bango

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:20 pm Reply with quote
We were singing praises to the symphosubs guys, that's for sure. I can't believe I forgot to pop into this topic after watching it but I was totally wired.

FANTASTIC series! Exactly how I love it! And that was one hell of a sweet and fulfilling ending. Fantastic pacing, great soundtrack, didn't skimp on the T&A but was never really tasteless about it, a wonderful cast, nice overall plot, cool fights, loads of badassedness, The only flaw I count against it, and I'm digging a little deep here, is that the noise look lame and some of the costume stuff looks lame.

Also... 1 Trillion Degrees... LOL awesome.

Even if s1 was fun but not worth buying, I'll totally buy s2. Moreso if some sort of recap feature is added.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:05 am Reply with quote
OVA 2 (chibi special things to do with season 2)

Quite a few silly little laughs. My favourite part was the implication that Chris was made to watch spoiler[Equilibrium] and fell in spoiler[love with it due to the gun combat]. And Hibiki calling Chris out on her change of heart.
Bango

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
Aye. That said, everyone who likes things should watch spoiler[Equilibrium] whenever they get the chance. One of my favourite movies ever and seeing it get a shout-out in one of my favourite anime ever was a real dream.

These were pretty funny self-parodies. I like how they're pretty much played the way the fans do, as in things like Mikage Takashi's Nanoha comics. I think there's a real future in shows doing this instead of the screenshot-based picture dramas or whatnot.

Though I do remember seeing some hilarious 4koma about Hibiki spoiler[getting her arm bitten off] which I was surprised to not even see addressed here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 13