• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Druaga Fantasy TV Sequel's New Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reversethief

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to the second half of this series. Too bad the promo video consists only of footage from the first season.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Now, if Gonzo will stream this on YouTube and Crunchyroll like they did the first season, things'll be gravy!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quote
so it is coming out next year, i thought it would get thrown on the back-burner. given the cliffhanger at the end of Aegis of Uruk, this could be really good.
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Well, that was annoying. Basically it recapped the first 12 episodes, didn't show anything from the next season! Hmph. I'd like to see how it ends. The show had a nice mix of action and humor, a sort of popcorn anime that can be a nice break once in a while.
zaeris

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:43 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
so it is coming out next year, i thought it would get thrown on the back-burner. given the cliffhanger at the end of Aegis of Uruk, this could be really good.

I thought everyone knew it was getting a second season Rolling Eyes
Cliffhanger endings are meant to have sequel with Berzerk being the exception.

vashfanatic wrote:
Well, that was annoying. Basically it recapped the first 12 episodes, didn't show anything from the next season! Hmph. I'd like to see how it ends. The show had a nice mix of action and humor, a sort of popcorn anime that can be a nice break once in a while.

Maybe its me but I thought the recap summaries the series nicely almost poetic, but if the promotions are like season 1 we'l be seeing more of them on their way.
Wellness

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quote
[quote="zaeris"]
v1cious wrote:

Cliffhanger endings are meant to have sequel with Berzerk being the exception.

Well with Berserk, you have the first episode telling what happens after the last one, because the anime is a flashback to the main characters current status in the manga.

But I am glad to hear about the second season coming out in January, I was thinking it'd be held until late Spring or summer '09.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:55 am Reply with quote
I dunno, will they totaly bullshit the ending to this one as well?
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quote
zaeris wrote:

well i knew it was coming, i just didn't expect it to be so soon.
zaeris

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:36 am Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
I dunno, will they totaly bullshit the ending to this one as well?

Play more rpg, plot twist and second boss/final boss are quite standard in any given rpg. Even in the most classic game such as the final fantasy series something larger is always at work. In retrospect I like season 1 ending, even though I treat it differently to how others might consider it an ending.

lol, I can't comprehend why people are having negative opinion because it ended on a cliffhanger note. If you take a 24 episode series split it two, or having 2 separate seasons it will still make one complete story.

And from the looks at it, season 2 is a continuation of where season 1 left off.

V1cous wrote:
well i knew it was coming, i just didn't expect it to be so soon.
before the promo came out it was already expected to be shown in winter on the main site.
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quote
I dunno, I didn't see the sequel coming and it was a gaint kick in the face.

But a typical gonzo ending.
sevenmead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:21 pm Reply with quote
I thought the plot went by uber fast. It remained entertaining.

I was super caught off guard by the opening two episodes which summarized the whole sha-bang. Deja-vu going on here.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote
People who weren't expecting a sequel must not have been paying attention to the opening, as the final scene (Jil and Kaaya sitting on the bench) had a big poster for the series with the date 2009.7 on it.
Wellness

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quote
sevenmead wrote:
I thought the plot went by uber fast. It remained entertaining.

I was super caught off guard by the opening two episodes which summarized the whole sha-bang. Deja-vu going on here.

Yeah, the plot pacing was going at light speed, they easily could have stretched it into a 24-26 episode long season. But for such a short series (11 episodes really) they managed to get all the important bits down for the plot to work and threw in a boat load of jokes, homages to the old game and other bits.

I hope the next season can continue along the same road as this first one. Although I hope they don't have to start it off with a parody episode again. I wouldn't mind a parody episode later but I can't stand not knowing what happened after that cliffhanger.
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:21 pm Reply with quote
They managed to cover all the important bits? You mean like the assassination, Kaaya's connection to the king, why she wanted to reach the top of the tower (and was willing to deceive Jil about it the entire time), and what exactly the skinny wizard villain was trying to do? Yeah, they totally explained all that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1