• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Chan Returns

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 1:55 pm Reply with quote
cyrax777 wrote:
still i find that very ironic and hypocritical since basicly the whole site is one giant copyright infringmant central.

It's no different than any fansub torrent site, just in this case it's images rather than video. However, don't think that some companies (even japanese ones) aren't watching 4chan like a hawk. Here's a nice letter (URL might not work as an outside link) sent to one of 4chan's MEMBERS, not to 4chan itself, but a member. Of course that's one place out of thousands, but I find it interesting that they'd go after individul members rather than the whole site.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 6:54 pm Reply with quote
SovietRussia wrote:
Hay guyz! :lol:

This isn't 4chan, nor is it Something Awful. Although I get your joke ("am i rite?" and the whole nine yards) it's not relevant to this website.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2