• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: FUNimation Entertainment Acquires Kaze No Stigma from GDH K.K.

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:17 am Reply with quote
Wrong one! It should have been Bamboo Blade. It'd tie in perfectly with Yen Press' manga releases. Even if there were initially no plans for those shows they sent out C&Ds for, they could have chosen one of those...

Kaze no Stigma was alright, I guess...
melonbread

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:25 am Reply with quote
What a pathetic waste of time of a press release. What exact rights did Funimation pick up? Blu-ray? Digital distribution. This says nothing. Utterly utterly useless.
Borinyukami

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Whenever Funimation acquires ANYTHING they make it impossible for ANYONE to enjoy the anime.
They use the same five voice actors like a work horse, adding NO new voices to the mix.
None of the voices will fit the characters.
The script will ruin the series.
And the directing is probably going to be pretty bad.
Not only that, them aquiring rights to it, makes it IMPOSSIBLE to watch the series in Japanese anywhere. Because they remove it now that it's licensed. BULL CRUD!

Not only that...but making an AMV for this anime also becomes virtually impossible. It was hard enough to find episodes of this Anime before they aquired rights to it, now it's going to be worse. Funimation, explode...Go away.. Never come back.
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Borinyukami wrote:
Whenever Funimation acquires ANYTHING they make it impossible for ANYONE to enjoy the anime.
They use the same five voice actors like a work horse, adding NO new voices to the mix.
Not only that, them aquiring rights to it, makes it IMPOSSIBLE to watch the series in Japanese anywhere. Because they remove it now that it's licensed. BULL CRUD!

Not only that...but making an AMV for this anime also becomes virtually impossible. It was hard enough to find episodes of this Anime before they aquired rights to it, now it's going to be worse. Funimation, explode...Go away.. Never come back.

Go back to /a/, weeaboo.

It's people like you and this kind of attitude that is the cancer that is killing anime.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:18 pm Reply with quote
AirCooledMan_2006 wrote:
Borinyukami wrote:

Go back to /a/, weeaboo.

It's people like you and this kind of attitude that is the cancer that is killing anime.

He probably read Zac's vision of the end of anime in the recent Answerman, and his mind has snapped.

"Wha.....wha......I was killing anime?! NNNNNOOOOOO!!!" (screams in horror as hellhounds carrying Vicious and Viral slowly approach him)
AirCooledMan_2006

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quote
doctordoom85 wrote:
He probably read Zac's vision of the end of anime in the recent Answerman, and his mind has snapped.

"Wha.....wha......I was killing anime?! NNNNNOOOOOO!!!" (screams in horror as hellhounds carrying Vicious and Viral slowly approach him)

If I were Zac, I wouldn't just put Goku in there as the Messiah. I'd also add Jotaro, Alucard, Golgo 13, and Sailor Moon. (Super Saiyan Goku? Why stop there?)
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1