• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inu x Boku Secret Service (Inu × Boku SS) (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I also like the idea she turns into a big, honking skeleton - which is kind of ironic when you consider how much she eats.
It's probably a nod to the fact that gashadokuro are made from the bones of those who starved to death.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote
Makes sense.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Funny anime is funny.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:19 pm Reply with quote
Not much happened in eppisode 7 of interest except Banri falling for an obvious trick, Karuta mostly doing her usual then getting awesome, and the yuri exploits of the Yuki-onna. Well it felt like the Yuki-onna was enough, but seeing the spoiler[Obariyon "attack" Ririchiyo] hit my guilty pleasure bone, and that the spoiler[Obariyon (piggy back demon)] were supposed to be danger they were avoiding.

I feel a bit frustrated as I know thatI read about that youkai somewhere, but I can't find the source. I seem to remember something about them often looking like spoiler[an old person], but I can't prove I am remembering properly.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
L, tbh, the best part of this episode was the ending. Looking forward to a storyline to develop soon as I still see potential in this series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dan7el

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:19 pm Reply with quote
If the butler doesn't turn out to have some kind of deep dark secret that's a big deal, I'm going to be pretty darn disappointed in this show.

I have to say, though, the S&M episode was pure classic.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Eh, I'm getting bored. This, "I want to thank him but I can't; I want to write him a letter but I can't; I want to invite him for coffee but I can't spoiler[(even though she finally does)] is getting dull as dish water. They didn't even bother with spoiler[a creature of the week thing] this episode. Boring, boring, boring. Let's have some story.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 2:14 am Reply with quote
But we found out that Miketsukami has his own problem, he spoiler[doesn't know how to interact with people except by serving them], whch explains why he kissed that girl. I am willing to take the more boring parts of this episode to mean a transition of better understanding between the two of them. Plus we got some scens between Ririchiyo, Watanuki and Karuta eating lunch, Ririchiyo having the pet name; "Chiyo-chan".

It was a bit of a cool scene when she told Miketsukami that he was spoiler[forbiden to be formal when he was drinking her coffee.] The scroll guy and yuki-onna were comenting to each other about an adult magazine. It would be nice to perhaps for next week to have more hapen, but I am enjoying it either way.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Average episode imo as this is not one of my top 5's this season. Anyways, I'm hoping for more action right now than comedy and I see the next episode had a tag line I believe said something like:

Quote:
There will be a wardrobe malfunction.

But I'm agreeing with others here, looking for further plot development.
dan7el

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:57 pm Reply with quote
Kage is absolutely my favorite character. If it weren't for the guy in the bunny rabbit ears and Kage, this show would not be nearly as good.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:27 pm Reply with quote
dan7el wrote:
guy in the bunny rabbit ears

He's voiced by Mamoru Miyano. He also voiced Okabe in Steins;Gate and Light in Death Note. I've come to notice him due to his voice being distinct and his characters usually being awesome.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote
I'm almost at the urge of dropping this series now. I mean, it's funny but lacks storyline development or action in the past recent episodes. I will finish it though as it's aired 3/4 now. I "might" give the manga a shot if it has a different storyline.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I'm almost at the urge of dropping this series now. I mean, it's funny but lacks storyline development or action in the past recent episodes. I will finish it though as it's aired 3/4 now. I "might" give the manga a shot if it has a different storyline.

I mentioned over a month ago that this seems like a supernatural slice of life. Sadly, it still seems to be that way due to a lack of any real growth.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

I mentioned over a month ago that this seems like a supernatural slice of life. Sadly, it still seems to be that way due to a lack of any real growth.

Is this really such a bad thing? It might seem insufficient for someone who was expecting a lot of magical battles and treachery and big evil villains and stuff, but perhaps it was intended as a character study instead.

If so, it is doing OK but not great.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Rhyono wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

Is this really such a bad thing? It might seem insufficient for someone who was expecting a lot of magical battles and treachery and big evil villains and stuff, but perhaps it was intended as a character study instead.

If so, it is doing OK but not great.

For a 12 episode anime, you'd expect there to be a certain level of progression. We're 75% in and she just now came out of her shell enough to ask her bodyguard to drink coffee with her?

It's certainly amusing, but I'm not really a fan of slice of life type animes to begin with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6