• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Prince of Tennis Anime's 1st Promo Video Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:41 am Reply with quote
I find it highly amusing that Tenipuri is now a late-night anime, LoL.
Kimani

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:21 am Reply with quote
Can you watch this without finishing the first series? Viz didn't finish the first series in R1 if I recall correctly?
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
Kimani wrote:
Can you watch this without finishing the first series? Viz didn't finish the first series in R1 if I recall correctly?

They only dubbed like 50 episodes, and no i don't think you can watch this without seeing the first.

But even though I've only read a little bit of the manga of this part it seems like they are ignoring\forgetting the god-like abilities that ryoma gained that let him beat the guy who never lost a single match at the end of the first series.
ciel1412

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:01 am Reply with quote
well,, i already watch the 1st episode,, and so far the new series follow the manga..
but i think there something odd in here esp if you followed the story on the anime series,, because so far that i know,, in the last ep of OVA-series (final national tournament),, tell that all of the 3rd year seigaku have been graduated from the school,, and momo took the captain position in seigaku...
and here in the new series they come back become the seigaku member again...
well,, its not really bother me,, because i follow the stories both anime and manga,, but i think it will make confused people who don't read the manga...
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Heh, the irony of all this now is that Japan finally has its best tennis male player ever in Kei Nishikori, who doesn't have an exaggerated arsenal but is very solid and good on what he does, that shows the Japanese that ya don't have to be godly gimmicky to beat the awesome gaijins who dominate tennis.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1