• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Hunter X Hunter (TV 2011).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
MaxSouth wrote:
I watched this from very beginning but missed the part where all kinds of mutants and aliens could have become members of Hunter Association.

I understand that some hunters have abilities to change their appearance, but it makes sense for necessity or it is for better looks, but those Zodiac characters are just ridiculous and nothing more.

I thought it was human world (and it was up to this elections/Zodiac thing). Thoughts on this?

The Zodiacs are regular humans. Netero gave them nicknames based on the 12 signs of the zodiac. Most of them changed their physical appearances to match these animal-based nicknames out of respect for him.
v1cious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:54 pm Reply with quote
Is Pariston is supposed to be an American politician? Because that's what he seems like (also he's a rat).
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:24 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Is Pariston is supposed to be an American politician? Because that's what he seems like (also he's a rat).

Uh...No? I mean, there are definitely politicians who do unsavory things like Pariston. Most, however, don't act any differently from how "regular people" would behave if put in a leadership position.

The "all politicians are rats" stereotype has really been played out at this point. But I guess society will always need convenient scapegoats to blame for its problems.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 139:
Decent built-up episode and I like how spoiler[Killua gambles with his tactic to get him and Alluka out of that place for now. Good to see Illumi and Hisoka talk like the old days again.]

spoiler[Seems like there are some rules Killua knows that the others don't.] Next episode will see the return of a familiar face. But before that, the ending to this episode was just freaking adorable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Damn, Alluka is scary beyond belief.
That was one messed up investigation of his/hers powers.
At first glance she/he looks as a totally normal kid.
Killua's big bro sure is a negative kind of guy.
He might be right about the request, but he should have some faith.
Almost forgot about the Zodiac guys.
Guess they're still at it..
Pariston is really starting to annoy me.
It's cool that Alluka has a different set of rules for Killua.
Hanging out like normal siblings was kinda sweet ^^
OMG, that request was a shocker!!
Did not see that coming. Awesome!]
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Is Alluka a he or she? I got confused. I'm not sure if this is CR's translation's problem or it's just me. For me, Alluka is the coolest character in this anime. The only other characters that i like in this anime are Killua and Hisoka.

I think they can heal/get rip of Alluka's ability since the Phantom Troupe's leader can steal abilities.
Tuor_of_Gondolin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden,

According to the wiki about this: spoiler[Everyone but Killua refers to Alluka as a "he". Killua, who is closest to Alluka, refers to Alluka as a "she". The implication is that while Alluka is physically male, Alluka identifies personally as a female.]

There has been no confirmation as to which sex Alluka is physically, so the above is speculation, though it does seem to me to be pretty reasonable.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Alluka looks and his/her voice sounds like a girl. What a trap.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:00 am Reply with quote
ParkerALx wrote:
MaxSouth wrote:
I watched this from very beginning but missed the part where all kinds of mutants and aliens could have become members of Hunter Association.

I understand that some hunters have abilities to change their appearance, but it makes sense for necessity or it is for better looks, but those Zodiac characters are just ridiculous and nothing more.

I thought it was human world (and it was up to this elections/Zodiac thing). Thoughts on this?

The Zodiacs are regular humans. Netero gave them nicknames based on the 12 signs of the zodiac. Most of them changed their physical appearances to match these animal-based nicknames out of respect for him.

Still weird; why would anyone want to become ridiculous mutant, even "out of respect"?
Bugnin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Alluka looks and his/her voice sounds like a girl. What a trap.

Ok, first of all, Alluka is a child so calling him "a trap" comes off extremely creepy, and two no one is 100% sure what gender Alluka is. Alluka has been called "he" and "she," so...
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:56 pm Reply with quote
You guys are moving quickly. I guessing HxH will End spoiler[at the top of the world tree.] That will be a sad day.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Episode 140:

It's great to see spoiler[Leorio back again! MY NAME IS LEORIO]. Cool episode. Pariston as usual always catches my attention. Some of the butlers also made some interesting statements.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Damn, Gon is looking really really really bad.
Didn't expect to see him in such a bad state.
Killua truly is hellbent on Alluka healing him.
It's been a while since we've seen the Zoldyck family butlers.
Some of those were pretty scary.
That huge grandma butler put a bump into Killua's plan.
Leorio makes an appearance too. Sure has been a while..
I forgot how explosive Leorio was! LOL
So it looks like the old gang will have a reunion soon.
Geez I really want to smack Ging.
My reaction was the same as Leorio's! What a douche..
Way to go Leorio!!! Awesome! He so deserved that!]
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:36 pm Reply with quote
I knew the most powerful hunters would be absent from the war against the ants, but to have them appear so quickly straight after the king's downfall and on top of that for politics, including a new villain who is a politician.

The writer must be feeling pressured to end this story somehow. Everything up to the ant arc was great. The ant arc itself was great with a few exceptions (the king's unexpectedly expected spoiler[death], straight to Aladdin to fix Gon yet again).
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:12 am Reply with quote
Wow didn't realise the anime was so close to the manga... I smell filler on it's way.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 49 of 52