• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Paint a Vulgar Picture

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Descent123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quote
Air Gallet was a good shooting game, it's like the semi-sequel to Toaplan's last shooter Batsugun (mostly the same staff, and the same BGM composer). I got to thank Gazelle for porting Batsugun to the Saturn and Toaplan Shooting Battle on the PSX. I wish they were around longer to port more of the Toaplan shooting games on the home systems.

Junya Inoue (Joker Jun) is still around kicking, just did the art for Cave's Death Smiles.
Monster in a box

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote
'Molly'? Ahem. You're not allowed to say you hate Sailor Moon if all you've watched is the English version. The original is delightfully campy, and doesn't take itself quite as seriously as the Saban version.
icepick314

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quote
wow

that Sailor Moon beat-em up sure looks good...

wish i had a chance to play it...

p.s. i love women with long legs....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Descent123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quote
icepick314 wrote:
wow

that Sailor Moon beat-em up sure looks good...

wish i had a chance to play it...

p.s. i love women with long legs....

You can play it via the MAME arcade emulator and the ROM of the arcade game. Search on Google.
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:29 am Reply with quote
Oh, wow! On the cover of the Hello Kitty game ...is that Keroppi!?
I haven't seen this little green dude in years, mainly because I think I was the only elementary school kid keeping him in business. Yeah, all the Sanrio shops phased him out and I never went back, but hey, he hasn't been completely forgotten it seems. Cool.

Metal Slug will always have those who want to play. Chances are if there's still an arcade in your town there's at least one of the MS games in the corner somewhere.

Todd, did you mention Princess Debut for the DS, yet? I just played it and let me tell you, for once in my life I felt pretty. It's actually a simple game, but if it has a similar charm that Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure had (minus the glitches). Very fun and cute game, and I'll recommend to the all the bad dudes out there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:29 am Reply with quote
Descent123 wrote:
Air Gallet was a good shooting game, it's like the semi-sequel to Toaplan's last shooter Batsugun (mostly the same staff, and the same BGM composer). I got to thank Gazelle for porting Batsugun to the Saturn and Toaplan Shooting Battle on the PSX. I wish they were around longer to port more of the Toaplan shooting games on the home systems.

I didn't like Air Gallet quite as much as Batsugun, since Gallet lacks the totally-badical-neon-1980s look. But it's still got some of the best background chatter in any shooter around.

Gazelle went under really fast, and that's why there was never a home port of Dogyuun. Who has the rights to the Toaplan catalog, anyway?

bleuster wrote:
Todd, did you mention Princess Debut for the DS, yet?

Yep, I wrote a news piece about it and mentioned it in the release list before it came out. I'd review it in a second if Natsume were to send me a copy. And I'd probably say nice things about it. Hear that, Natsume?
point;blank

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:31 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Get Excited If: You've played through every Metal Slug, and even a few Metal Slug knock-offs.

thats me, several times over...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:49 am Reply with quote
A more niche title is due out from atlus and while I didn't care for it after I dug up a little more info on it, fans of the company might look into Eternal Poison, due out tomorrow.

And... I know it has nothing to do with anime but... No mention of Wrath of the Lich King in the article whatsoever? Anime hyper

Just seemed odd, it's like... Probably one of the biggest releases this week, if not for the entire month.

But the article is about gaming influenced or related to anime or japan, neh?

As for Rune Factory 2, I'm very excited for it. Supposedly the battle system was improved, there's a deeper story now and as expected, just more to do...

Tree of Tranquility got old fast sadly... Not enough to do. =/
Raoh

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:26 am Reply with quote
Thanks for mentioning that Amazon.com info for The Last Remnant.

I just cancelled my Gamestop preorder (Although I really did want that free poster, twenty bucks is twenty bucks), and have reordered through Amazon.com.

You should also mention in the article that this is Square Enix's first Xbox 360 RPG.

They have released games for the Xbox 360, including RPG's, however, only as the publisher, this is there first in-house developed RPG, so it should be excellent.
Descent123

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:17 am Reply with quote
toddc wrote:
I didn't like Air Gallet quite as much as Batsugun, since Gallet lacks the totally-badical-neon-1980s look. But it's still got some of the best background chatter in any shooter around.

Gazelle went under really fast, and that's why there was never a home port of Dogyuun. Who has the rights to the Toaplan catalog, anyway?

I hope the MAME team can finally have Dogyuun be with sound. Its been long enough. Same with V-5 (and still holding my JP Megadrive cartridge).

The Toaplan catalog, that's a hard one. I think Banpresto owns part of it since they published Toaplan Shooting Battle, Batsugun SS, and Gazelle's arcade ports they brought to the arcades many years ago.

I would die for a PS2 collection of all their games with TATE mode and true low-rez (240p).
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quote
Yeah, Toaplan's shmups are pretty good. I'm partial towards Vimana, Slap Fight, Out Zone, Truxton, Batsugun, and Grind Stormer/V-Five.

Oh yeah, the Raiden series was actually meant to be a sort of tribute to Toaplan. The Type A ship in Batsugun is sort of like the Raiden ship (forward spread shot and straight missiles)
Animehermit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:20 am Reply with quote
There's something not right about Shadow not being in Dissidia
LuckySeven

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:22 am Reply with quote
I've played that Sailor Moon game (through MAME of course). I didn't think it was that bad, but it wasn't groundbreaking either. If you liked the show then you'd enjoy the game, but that's about it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
KabaKabaFruit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quote
animehermit wrote:
There's something not right about Shadow not being in Dissidia

Unless he was the main character of the game, I don't see what's wrong.

And as for Castlevania: Judgement, WHAT THE HELL DID THEY DO TO GRANT??? Why is he a mummy???
se37

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't know about the Soul Eater fighting game. I have been planning on picking up the DS Soul Eater game for Christmas but now with this one I'm going to have to get it for the PSP. Since I don't think these games will be released in the US anytime soon or if ever since the first chapter was just released over here and the book won't be out till mid 2009. Course, Soul Eater will be brought to the US, it's almost a shoe-in for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2