• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yoko Kanno Did Memories Movie OST

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aberu

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Well I was trying to submit this bit of info, that Yoko Kanno is the composer for the Memories movie and it said that it's a special case. I dunno, just wanted to point that out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
The Spatula

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Aberu wrote:

Well I was trying to submit this bit of info, that Yoko Kanno is the composer for the Memories movie and it said that it's a special case. I dunno, just wanted to point that out.

Beware! I like Yoko Kanno as much as the next person, but sometimes people tend to be incorrect about what she has and hasn't done. For instance, she only did PART of the OST for Memories:

http://www.jameswong.com/ykproject/disc/memories/index.html

As you can see, she only helped out on the first 9 tracks. Although, it's kinda interesting that in this review

http://www.ex.org/1.5/30-memories_cd.html

it says The music for Magnetic Rose is directed by critically acclaimed Kanno Yoko. Curious...

Of course, this begs the question as to who worked on the rest of the music - poor sops can't even get any credit in the shadow of a more well known musician...

I'm glad the database stopped this one...
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2002 2:09 am Reply with quote
The reason Memories is a "special case" is that each of the three segments has completely different cast and staff. For that reason, It wouldn't make sense to add a cast member for "Memories" because in reality that's either a cast member for Magnetic Rose or Stink Bomb or Cannon Fodder. So if Yoko Kanno only did the music for Magnetic Rose, you'd add her in the staff of Magnetic Rose. If she did the music for all three, you'd add her in all three "sub-movies"
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1