• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, January 8-14

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Must. Catch up. On Dengeki Daisy!
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
even though i dont like DITVB its good to see seven seas doing well..maybe they could license and release a certain scientific manga series. Wink as for the rest of the list i guess the anime helped people get interested in jourmangond makes me curious if viz will simulcast the anime.
adam_omega

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:07 pm Reply with quote
opn wrote:
even though i don't like DITVB its good to see seven seas doing well..maybe they could license and release a certain scientific manga series. Wink as for the rest of the list i guess the anime helped people get interested in jourmangond makes me curious if viz will simulcast the anime.

Opn, we're already releasing A Certain Scientific Railgun. In fact, book 2 was #2 on the New York Times list back in October 2011, and book 3 will be in stores in February.

If you meant A Certain Magical Index's manga, though, that's from Square Enix and you'll need to go beg Yen Press really nicely for that. Anime smile

- Adam Arnold
Seven Seas Entertainment
http://www.gomanga.com/
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:21 pm Reply with quote
I often wondered how well Detective Conan was doing for Viz.. seems to be doing alright
opn

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
adam_omega wrote:
opn wrote:
even though i don't like DITVB its good to see seven seas doing well..maybe they could license and release a certain scientific manga series. Wink as for the rest of the list i guess the anime helped people get interested in jourmangond makes me curious if viz will simulcast the anime.

Opn, we're already releasing A Certain Scientific Railgun. In fact, book 2 was #2 on the New York Times list back in October 2011, and book 3 will be in stores in February.

If you meant A Certain Magical Index's manga, though, that's from Square Enix and you'll need to go beg Yen Press really nicely for that. Anime smile

- Adam Arnold
Seven Seas Entertainment
http://www.gomanga.com/

oops sorry my bad i meant index not railgun. Smile and in that case i'll just have to wait for yen too license it hopfully it sells well like railgun Very Happy.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:13 am Reply with quote
Very pleased to see my favorite volume of Naruto stay on the list for three consecutive weeks. ^^
GhostShell

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:01 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the Dance In The Vampire Bund anime. I was thinking about buying the manga series, but wanted to see a sample of the artwork first (covers can be so misleading). After taking a peek at the Volume One preview on Seven Seas' site, I think I'll go ahead and pick up the current eleven volumes, plus Gaiden.
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:21 pm Reply with quote
2 volumes of Naruto on the list, nobody can deny it's popularity. Congrats to Kishimoto for making such a great manga.
Son-kun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:02 am Reply with quote
Naruto vols. 53-54 more than make up for the middle ground set in 52. spoiler[Naruto mastering Nine Tails Chakra, The truth behind the Nine Tails Incident in Konoha, Guy's rematch with Kisame, and the revelations behind Yahiko and Nagato. Overall, it covers many important plot points before heading into the Fourth Ninja War with vol. 55]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1